Urgent care is a convenient option for seeking care for minor injuries and illnesses.
Urgent care patients:
- Do not need an appointment
- May be able to get treatment more quickly than the next available clinic appointment
- May wait for a shorter amount of time and pay a lower cost or co-pay compared to treatment in the Emergency Department
Conditions treated in the Urgent Care Clinic
You can visit Urgent Care if you have one of the conditions listed below. After staff learns more about your injury or illness, you may be directed from Urgent Care to the nearby Emergency Department to receive the right care. Insurance coverage may vary depending on where you receive care.
- Minor back pain
- Minor burns
- Dental pain
- Minor eye injuries & infections
- Insect/tick bites
- Muscle aches/sprains/strains
- Seasonal allergies
- Sinus pressure/pain
- Sore throat
- Suture removal
- Difficult or painful urination (UTI)
- Wound checks
- Other minor illnesses & injuries
This is a hospital-based clinic owned by Hennepin Healthcare. Many insurance plans pay for health care services provided in a hospital-based clinic differently than those provided in a doctor’s office. Your insurance may require that you meet your annual deductible and/or require that you pay a percentage of the bill rather than just an office visit co-payment. You should check with your insurance company if you have any questions. Read the Frequently asked questions about hospital-based clinics to learn more.