Patient Care and Comfort
Improving the Patient Experience
With 154,000 lives seeking care each year through our hospital and clinics, every gift can make a significant impact in removing barriers to healthcare access and providing comfort during times of uncertainty.
Donations for comfort and care allow the Foundation to answer a variety of urgent needs of our patient population, remove barriers to healthcare access, and launch innovations to spur improvements in population health.
Contributions have helped to:
- Wrap a newborn in a sleeper and blanket for the trip home
- Offer Yoga classes for cancer patients
- Meet the co-pay so a mental health patient could get his medication
- Provide a book to every newborn and child through our Children’s Literacy Program
- Launch a hotline for new mothers
- Place shoes and a jacket on a homeless youth
- Sustain a hospital food shelf
- Offer a musical distraction to calm a worried father through the Inspire Arts Program
- Purchase an emergency cart for use in large crowds when there is no access route for an ambulance
- Establish a family grief support group
- Support the volunteer giving a hand massage that brought a woman to joyful tears “because no one had touched her with care like that in years"
We welcome your support and look forward to sharing the impact of your generosity.