Make a Toy donation for kids receiving care!
Looking to give back to hospitalized children and their families at Hennepin Healthcare this holiday season? Perhaps your children would like to spread joy to other kids in the hospital? Maybe you grabbed a couple extra things during your family’s shopping that could bring distraction, comfort and fun to a sick child? Donate to the Child-Life program!
We are so thankful for your generosity now and always and look forward to seeing you then!
Our Amazon Wishlist makes it easy to purchase a toy! Pick from toys that our Child-Life team has selected with our patients in mind. To purchase, follow the instructions below:
To purchase gifts,
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/CJ643GYCF0S8?ref_=wl_share
- At checkout, select Child Life Department of Hennepin Healthcare for the shipping address.
- Complete purchase.
- If you decide to donate an item(s), at checkout, indicate that they are gifts, and email [email protected] with your name, address, phone, and email address. You will be sent a tax deduction letter, unless you want to donate anonymously.
Local & Small Businesses:
Our Child-Life team has selected these small businesses for toy donations:
- Manhattan Toy Minneapolis based. Buy online or find at toy stores throughout the Twin Cities!
- Kiddywampus Hopkins and Chanhassen locations. Or shop online! Great toys (building, imaginative play, puzzles and games) for all ages! They also offer birthday parties, classes, summer camps and other special events year round-outside of the pandemic. 952.926.7871
- Mischief Toys Saint Paul, MN. Mischief is a toy store for all ages, featuring a rebellious selection of games, books, comics, toys, pop culture memorabilia, gifts, adventure gear, jewelry, candy, and kinetic toys. 651.493.3307
- Pinwheels and Play Toys Minneapolis, MN. Toys for kids of all ages! See their facebook page for more information, or visit the store.
- Legacy Toys Edina, Minneapolis, Hopkins, Ely, Duluth, and Fargo Locations. Arts and crafts, books, dolls and plush, games and puzzles, and more for kids of all ages. Plus, consult a virtual gift assistant for ideas!
- Teeny Bee Boutique Saint Paul, MN. Extraordinary Baby Things: Gifts, Accessories, Toys, Clothing, Books, Blankets, Shoes. 612.644.2540
- Pacifier North Loop, Edina, and Highland Park locations. Holiday shop, apparel, accessories, toys, books, gear, infant care, and more! 612. 623. 8123
- Baby Grand Saint Louis Park, MN. Infant and toddler toys, baby gear (carriers!) books, plush, gifts (for babies, moms, dads, or grandparents), apparel 952.912.1010
- Patina 50th & Bryant, Uptown, Nordeast, Golden Valley, Highland Park, Selby & Snelling, Woodbury, and Eden Prairie locations. Gifts, puzzles, games, puzzles, treats, plush, and more for babies, kids, teens, and caregivers!
- Red Balloon Bookshop Saint Paul, MN. Books for all ages! 651.224.8320
- Wild Rumpus Books Minneapolis, MN. Books for all ages! Online ordering only. 612.920.5005
- Black Garnet Books Minneapolis, MN. Black, women-owned bookstore selling primarily adult and young adult books by racially diverse authors! Schedule a store visit, order online, or shop via bookshop.
- Magers and Quinn Minneapolis, MN. "A bounty of the world's best books assembled by biblioholic booksellers." 612.822.4611
- Siena Soap Company Minnesota based natural skincare company with lotions, balms, shampoos, and more. Perfect gifts for caregivers, or patients with long hospital stays. Shop online or check their website for holiday pop-ups and other small stores to support!
- Two Sisters Spa Minnesota based, mom-run company selling bath bombs for kids and adults! Purchase online or see their website for local businesses that sell them in-store.
About the Extraordinary Kids Fund
Play is a child's equivalent to work. It is how they learn, grow, and express themselves. Research shows that children who are given the opportunity to play in the hospital environment heal faster. The Extraordinary Kids Fund is managed by Hennepin Healthcare's child life specialists, whose goal is to decrease the stress associated with hospitalization for pediatric patients and families. Through the generosity of donors, the Extraordinary Kids Fund provides children and teens with resources for education, coping, and play.
Child life specialists also plan and facilitate special events throughout the year such as holiday parties, birthday celebrations, catered family meals and more.
Donations to the Extraordinary Kids Fund assist child life specialists in providing a safe, therapeutic, and fun environment for our pediatric patients and families and—in turn—a positive healthcare experience.
Amazon Wish-List for the Extraordinary Kids at Hennepin Healthcare
Throughout the year our child life specialists manage a wish list of specific items for our inpatient pediatric patients. These items can be used for education, coping, play, comfort, or gifts. During the holiday season, we adjust the focus of our wish list to items most needed by patients. We welcome donations for all patients ages 0-18, however, this year we are focusing on teenagers, infants, and children with special needs.
If you are interested in donating books, toys, etc. to the Extraordinary Kids Fund and have questions, please email [email protected].