What Generosity does for the Taking Steps Together Program
Taking Steps Together is a 17-week nutrition and healthy lifestyle program for families. The program is made up of three main elements:
- Cooking and eating together.
- Discussing nutrition and healthy lifestyles.
The program focuses on preventing pediatric obesity and is co-facilitated by a diabetes educator and a community health worker. The sessions are designed to be interactive, with games, activities, and meal preparation as a group.
Philanthropy helps us provide all of the critical components of the program from pedometers to water bottles to the community center space to hold 17-weeks of classes. In addition to these materials, donations also help us provide the following:
- Zumba and yoga instructor fees
- Healthy meals and prep supplies
- Bus tokens to help families go to and from classes more easily