Family Home Visiting
Promoting family health, development and self-sufficiency
MVNA provides family-centered and community-based public health nursing services. Public Health Nurses (PHNs) work with families in their homes and other community settings. PHNs partner with health care providers and local community agencies to:
- Promote healthy birth outcomes and positive parent-infant relationships.
- Encourage healthy growth and development for infants and young children.
- Prevent complications of illness and chronic disease conditions.
- Promote healthy and safe environments.
- Encourage family self-sufficiency, school attendance and use of community resources.
Car seat classes
Clients are eligible to register for a car seat class and receive a free car seat if they are a member of one of the following health plans: BluePlus MA, UCare MA, or Hennepin Health. A car seat class help families learn which car seats to use and how to install them properly. Register early; class sizes are limited. Call to sign up for classes: 612-873-6963
Classes are held at:
2000 Summer St. NE #100, Minneapolis 55413
Training room located at the back of the main floor
Once you have registered by phone, a confirmation letter with your class date and location will be mailed. We bill your insurance for the cost of all classes.