Care for families to promote health, development and self-sufficiency
MVNA provides family-centered and community-based public health nursing services. Public Health Nurses (PHNs) work with families in their homes and other community settings. PHNs partner with health care providers and local community agencies to:
- Promote healthy birth outcomes and positive parent-infant relationships.
- Encourage healthy growth and development for infants and young children.
- Prevent complications of illness and chronic disease conditions.
- Promote healthy and safe environments.
- Encourage family self-sufficiency, school attendance and use of community resources.