MVNA provides a full range of home health care services for clients including home health visits for adults with acute and chronic medical conditions. Nursing staff receives ongoing educational training to update their clinical knowledge and technical skills. Our in-home care is safe, effective and meets all medical practice standards.
A doctor’s order is required to receive services. Your doctor can call an order in by telephone to our Intake Department at 612-617-4700, or the doctor’s order can be faxed to 612-617-4781.
- Professional nursing case management
- Skilled nursing care for acute, chronic and maintenance level needs
- Skilled observation and assessment of vital signs, response to medications and treatments
- Instruction in safe home management of various acute and chronic diseases or disabling conditions
- Instruction in self-care and disease process for diabetes, lung, and heart disease
- Instruction in gastric feeding tubes, ostomy, ileostomy and colostomy care
- Post-surgical care, wound care and blood draws
- Bowel and incontinence care
- Administration of intramuscular/subcutaneous injections
- Administration and instruction in IV (intravenous) therapies
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Referral to hospice
Home health aides work under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN). They help with day-to-day personal care, bathing, and ambulation. They also provide nutritional, social and emotional support.
Therapy services such as physical, occupational and speech therapists provide in-home assessments and therapies to optimize your ability to remain safely in your home.
Licensed social workers are available to help navigate a variety of issues from housing to applying for disability. In addition, community health workers are able to assist with securing transportation to assisting with getting medications delivered to the home. This comprehensive service ensures that psychosocial and other barriers are minimized so that the client can concentrate on healing and regaining their independence.