Find frequently asked questions about free opioid education seminars that link addiction medicine experts and physicians with primary care providers in local communities.
Each session consists of:
- Introductions and announcements
- 15-20 minute brief lectures on a given topic (e.g., Introduction to Opioid Use Disorders)
- 30-35 minutes of case-based learning, where attendees present cases to the learning community and receive recommendations from both the expert panel team and other healthcare professionals.
- All teach, all learn.
- Register on the Join ECHO page.
- You will be added to the weekly distribution list.
- Each week we will send you an email with the Zoom link that you will need to attend a session, an updated schedule, and information on receiving CME credit.
- There is no cost to you.
- There are no attendance requirements
- If you experience any difficulty or have questions, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
- Sessions are free
- Our weekly 1-hour sessions are held over the lunch hour whenever possible. Please try to attend regularly
- We encourage active engagement in the learning community by sharing experience and presenting cases
- The use of the Zoom audio and visual features enhance participation (people want to see people)
- We send out brief, quarterly evaluation surveys (5-10 minutes each)
- Any healthcare professional interested in engaging around a topic, sharing their experience, and learning from their peers can attend ECHO sessions.
- We welcome physicians, nurses, psychologists, counselors, social workers, healthcare administrators, community health workers, pharmacists, and public health practitioners.
- Only non-identifiable information is shared
- Our sessions are HIPAA-compliant
- Cases are submitted through an online form
- During the session, you will summarize the case and main question in 5 minutes or less
- You will hear from your peers and an expert panel as various issues are explored and points addressed
- To receive a link to the case form, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].