Free seminars that link opioid addiction medicine experts and physicians with primary care providers in local communities.
- It is free. There is no cost to participate in this learning community. ECHO is funded by Minnesota Department of Human Services Behavioral Health Division under the state’s targeted response to the opioid crisis.
- It’s virtual. All you need is a computer (with a webcam), tablet or smartphone.
- It’s fun. Connect with a growing community of primary and community care providers (including physicians, nurse practitioners, alcohol drug counselors, and more) across Minnesota and build a learning community to better serve people with opioid use disorder.
- Earn CME credits. Hennepin County Medical Center is accredited by the Minnesota Medical Association (MMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Hennepin County Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™. Access transcript information. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- It works for you – and Minnesota. ECHO represents a significant opportunity to improve individual knowledge and skills and also reduce disparities in the quality of care for rural areas and underserved populations.
Each session consists of:
- Introductions and announcements
- 15-20 minute brief lectures on a given topic (e.g., Introduction to Opioid Use Disorders).
- 30-35 minutes of case-based learning, where healthcare providers (spokes) present de-identified cases to the learning community and receive recommendations from both the specialist hub team and other community partner spokes. All teach, all learn.
- We simply ask that you fill out the Project ECHO Enrollment form to tell us where you work and what your general information is for the purpose of communicating with you about each session.
- To be included, you simply click on this form, hit “submit” and you will receive further information.
- If you experience any difficulty or have questions, please contact Roxanne Kibben, Project Coordinator, at [email protected] or 612 873-3060.
- The sessions, mentoring and learning community of practice is free.
- We encourage a time commitment to actively engaging in the learning community by sharing experience and presenting cases. To make the best of your ECHO experience, please:
- Attend weekly 1-hour sessions (have one representative from your organization attend at least 70% of the time
- Use the Zoom audio and visual features to enhance participation (people want to see people)
- Present 1-2 cases to the group so your peers can learn from your experiences
- Participate in brief, quarterly evaluation surveys of your experience (5-10 minutes each).
Any healthcare professional interested in engaging around a topic, sharing their experience, and learning from their peers can attend ECHO sessions. We welcome physicians, nurses, psychologists, counselors, social workers, healthcare administrators, community health workers, pharmacists, and public health practitioners. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Only non-identifiable information is shared
- Our sessions are HIPAA-compliant
- Complete the case presentation form, save and email to [email protected]
- During the session, you will summarize the case and main question in 5 minutes or less
- You will hear from your peers, the experts as various issues are explored and points addressed
- Upon completion receive the suggested next steps in the care plan.