Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My idea of patient centered care is to treat my patients as I would treat a family member, get them involved in their medical problems and decisions and make them my priority at all times.”
Dr. Decanini is an ophthalmologist who specializes in young patients from premature babies to adolescents. She has a lot of experience with strabismus, or misaligned eyes and double vision, both in adults and kids.
- The optic nerve and retinal vasculature in albinism: normal or abnormal? Conley JA, Decanini Mancera A, Holleschau A, Summers CG. Journal of AAPOS 2013 Epub 17;1: e12-e13.
- Familial LCAT deficiency in a child with nephrotic syndrome. Jurat S. Rajpal, James MapelLentz, Alejandra Decanini Mancera, Robyn C. Reed, Youngki Kim, Blanche M. Chavers. Clinical Nephrology. 2013 Feb 8 Epub ahead of print.
- Full-Cycle Steam Sterilization in Ophthalmic Surgery-the Effect of Wrapping Instruments. Carpel EF, Mancera AD, Rowan LL, Entine G, Entine O. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012 Mar, 153(3):405-411.
- Syphilis and the Monk.Decanini-Mancera A, Lessell, S, Lee, MS, Subramanian, PS. Survey of Ophthalmology. Surv Ophthalmol. 2010 Nov 4.
- Outcome of Penetrating Keratoplasty for Mucopolysaccharidoses. Bothun ED, Decanini A, Summers G, Orchard P, Tolar J. Archives of Ophthalmology 2011 Feb;129(2):138-44.
- Another Case of Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy in an Octogenarian. Letter to the editor. Decanini-Mancera, A, Harrison A, Lee, MS. Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology. 29(2):159-160, June 2009.
- Human retinal pigment epithelium proteome changes in early diabetes.Decanini A, Karunadharma PR, Nordgaard CL, Feng X, Olsen TW, Ferrington DA. Diabetologia. 2008Jun;51(6):1051-61.
- Changes in Select Redox Proteins of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium in Age Related Macular Degeneration.Decanini A, Nordgaard CL, Feng X, Ferrington DA, Olsen TW. American Journal of Ophthalmology.2007 Apr;143(4):607-15.
- Universidad Anahuac, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO
- Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Lions Childrens Clinic, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
Dr. Decanini earned her degree in Ophthalmology at the University of Minnesota and then did a Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at the Lions Children Clinic in Minneapolis.
During residency, Dr. Decanini was the Resident representative for her class and won the Teaching Award as well as the Harry Plotke award for clinical skills, compassion and concern for the patient.
“I was born and raised in Mexico and enjoy speaking spanish with my patients and family. I enjoy reading, watching movies and playing outside with my kids.”