Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I enjoy caring for each patient like they are part of my own family, both caring for their immediate needs, and helping to advise on the next steps to take for personal health. I speak Spanish and particularly enjoy serving the Latino community.”
With a background in both Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, Dr. Strobel has a special interest in pediatric emergencies, in particular pediatric cardiac and sports related emergencies. She sees patients in the Emergency Department, helping to provide family and pediatric friendly ouch-less care. She also started the Teddy Bear Clinic “to help take the ouch out of emergency care for children”.
- Strobel AM, Fey R. Pediatric Burn Emergencies. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. in press.
- Cole J, Klein L, Strobel AM, Blanchard S, Nahum R, Martel M. The Use, Safety, and Efficacy of Olanzapine in a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center Emergency Department over a 10-year Period. Pediatric Emerg Care. Accepted for publication.
- Strobel AM, Chasm R, Woolridge D. A Survey of Graduates of combined Emergency Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Programs: An Update. J of Emerg Med. Aug 2016. ePub ahead of print.
- Dodd KW, Strobel AM, Driver BE, Reardon RF. Use of a Supraglottic Airway to Relieve Ventilation-Impeding Gastric Insufflation During Emergency Airway Management in an Infant. Annals of Emergency Medicine. ePub ahead of print.
- Strobel A, Lu M. Managing the critically ill infant with decompensated congenital cardiac disease. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, August 2015; 33: 501-518.
- Strobel A, Gill V, Witting M, Teshome G. Emergent Diagnostic Testing for Pediatric Nonfebrile Seizures. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. June 2015 [ePub ahead of print]. PMID: 26152916
- Strobel A, Gingold DB, Calvello EJB. A case of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura presenting as refractory hypoglycemia in a patient with thromboangiitis obliterans. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. April 2014 [ePub ahead of print]. PMID: 24929773.
- Waseem M, Strobel A, Pedraza S, Behani M, Lugo B, Jara F. An adolescent with lower extremity swelling. Pediatric Emerg Care. January 2011; 27: 49‒51.
- St. George's University School of Medicine, ST. GEORGE, GRENADA
- Emergency Medicine/Pediatrics, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Board eligible by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Chief Resident 2014-2015 Emergency Medicine-Pediatrics Combined Residency, University of Maryland Medical Center
- Carol Carracio Service Award, University of Maryland 2015
- Gold Humanism Honor Society 2010