Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I provide evidence-based medical care to patients of all ages, especially those who have been historically marginalized by society.”
Dr. Gorden Klukas is board-certified in Family Medicine and provides full-spectrum medical care to patients of all ages both in the hospital and clinic settings. She has a special interest in Primary Care Psychiatry, Behavioral Health, and Addiction Medicine, and encourages patients with those needs to seek her out.
- Gorden, B. H., Kim, J. H., Sarver, A. L., Frantz, A. M., Breen, M., Lindblad-Toh K., O’Brien, T. D., Sharkey, L. C., Modiano, J.F., & Dickerson, E. B…, Identification of Three Molecular and Functional Subtypes in Canine Hemangiosarcoma through Gene Expression Profiling and Progenitor Cell Characterization. American Journal of Pathology. 2014, Feb; 184(4): 985-995. PMID: 24525151.
- Gorden, B. H., Saha, J., Khammanivong, A., Schwartz, G. K. & Dickerson, E. B., Lysosomal drug sequestration as a mechanism of drug resistance in vascular sarcoma cells marked by high CSF-1R expression. Vascular Cell. 2014, Oct; 6(20): 1-14. PMID: 25295160.
- Khammanivong, A.*, Gorden, B. H.*, Frantz, A. N., Graef, A. J., & Dickerson, E. B. *(Co-First Author). Identification of drug-resistant subpopulations in canine hemangiosarcoma. Veterinary and Comparative Oncology. 2014, Aug; 14(3): e113-125. PMID: 25112808.
- Kim, J. H., Frantz, A. M., Sarver, A. L., Gorden Klukas, B. H., Lewellen, M., O’Brien, T. D., Dickerson, E. B. & Modiano, J. F.. Modulation of fatty acid metabolism and immune suppression are features of in vitro tumorsphere formation in ontogenetically distinct dog cancers. Veterinary and Comparative Oncology. 2018, Mar; 16(1): E176-E184. PMID: 29152836.
- Schappa, J. T., Frantz, A. M., Gorden, B. H., Dickerson, E. B., Vallera, D. A. & Modiano, J. F., Hemangiosarcoma and its cancer stem cell subpopulation are effectively killed by a toxin targeted through epidermal growth factor and urokinase receptors. International Journal of Cancer. 2013, Apr; 133(8): 1936-1944. PMID: 23553371.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Family Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- American Medical Association, 2014 – Present
- American Academy of Family Physicians, 2019 – Present
- American Society of Addiction Medicine, 2018 – Present
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2017 – Present
- Medical Doctorate, 2018
- Master of Philosophy in Experimental Pathology, 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, 2001
- Inducted into the University of MN Medical School Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS), 2017
“In my free time, I enjoy novel writing, cycling, gaming, listening to rock and roll, programming video games, and spending time with my family.”