Constance A. Adkisson, MD
Pediatrics - Neonatal
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“As the medical director for the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, I am committed to insuring that every family is well informed regarding their baby’s progress and condition by asking them to join our daily bedside rounds, by giving updates to families that are unable to attend rounds and care conferences as needed to go over the plan of care in depth.”
Dr. Adkisson is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota Medical School and Medical Director of the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pediatrics, at Hennepin County Medical Center. She graduated from the University of Kansas Medical School in 1987 and completed both her Pediatric residency and Neonatology fellowships at the University of Connecticut in Farmington and Hartford Connecticut. She completed her training in 1993. She has practiced Neonatology in Saint Paul, MN, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Norfolk, Virginia. She joined Hennepin County Medical Center in 2007.
- Hussain N, Adkisson C, Christian HLC, Kresh MJ, Effects of Hyperoxia on Type 1 Collagen MRNA Production by Primary Cultures and Fetal Rat Lung Fibroblasts. Eastern Society of Pediatric Research; October 1992.
- Bordena, AR, Satromb, KM, Wratkowskib, P, George, TN, Adkisson, C, Vremane, HJ, Johnson, AP, Nichols, KJ, Slusher, TM. Variation in the Phototherapy Practices and Irradiance of Devices in a Major Metropolitan Area.Neonatology 2018;113:269–274. DOI: 10.1159/000485369.
- University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS, USA
- Pediatrics, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT, USA
- Neonatology, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT, USA
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Sub-board Neonatal Perinatal Section
- Board certified in Neonatal Perinatal Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Golden Apple Award for Resident Teaching at St. John’s Hospital, 1997
“I have three children and enjoy watching movies and reading.”