Dawn enjoys working with women across the lifespan from menarche to menopause. She especially enjoys developing a relationship with women and their families during pregnancy and likes to focus on educating women about how to make healthy choices for themselves and their babies. Dawn enjoys working with patients of different cultures and thinks that providing personal, evidence-based midwifery care is important. Getting to know families during their pregnancy journey, providing close labor support, attending water births, and providing breastfeeding support are special interests for Dawn.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- BSN degree, College of St. Benedict
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Midwifery, University of Minnesota, 2013
- Member, Hennepin Healthcare Certified Nurse-Midwife Service
“Outside of work, I enjoy traveling internationally with my husband, spending time with family, running, biking, playing volleyball, reading, and playing the flute.”