Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I believe there is nothing more important than doing the best I can for the patient who is sitting in front of me.”
- Interest and research in the areas of musculoskeletal infections and tuberculosis and other mycobacterial infections
- Collinet-Adler S, Castro CA, Ledonio CG, Bechtold JE, Tsukayama DT. Acinetobacter baumannii is not associated with osteomyelitis in a rat model: a pilot study. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469(1):274-282. Dean Tsukayama, MD May 2016
- Berzosa M, Tsukayama DT, Davies SF, Debol SM, Cen YY, Li R, Mallery S. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration for the diagnosis of extra- pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010;14(5):578-584.
- Leclere LE, Sechriest VF 2nd, Holley KG, Tsukayama DT. Tuberculous arthritis of the knee treated with two-stage total knee arthroplasty. A case report. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009;91(1):186-191.
- Baker CA, Thomas W, Stauffer WM, Peterson PK, Tsukayama DT. Serial testing of refugees for latent tuberculosis using the QuantiFERON-gold in-tube: effects of an antecedent tuberculin skin test. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;80(4):628-633.
- Stauffer WM, Newberry AM, Cartwright CP, Rosenblatt JE, Hanson KL, Sloan L, Tsukayama DT, Taylor C, Juni BA. Evaluation of malaria screening in the newly arrived refugees to the United States by microscopy and rapid antigen capture enzyme assay. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2006;25(10):948-950.
- University of Hawaii, John A. Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, University of California VAMC, Martinez, CA, USA
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- National Tuberculosis Controllers Association
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Infectious Diseases
- Associate Professor, University of Minnesota
- Tuberculosis Consultant, Minnesota Department of Health
- Top Doctors, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, 2018