Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“After working for 28 years in Pulmonary and Critical Care, I transitioned to my current practice in Palliative Care, which is by its nature focused on patient- (and family-) centered care.”
As a professor of medicine at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Rubin’s career has spanned basic science research, clinical research, and medical education.
- Rubins JB, Palliation in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary In Internal Medicine Issues in Palliative Cancer Care, Editors David Hui and Eduardo Bruera, Oxford University Press, NY, 2014.
- Rubins JB, Palliation of Pleural Effusions In Internal Medicine Issues in Palliative Cancer Care, Editors David Hui and Eduardo Bruera, Oxford University Press, NY, 2014.
- Rubins JB, Current and emerging pharmacotherapies of breakthrough pain in cancer. Clin Med Rev Oncol. 2010;2:10.4137/CMRO.S4597.
- Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
- Internal Medicine, Boston VA Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
- Pulmonary Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Professor of Medicine, University of MN
- ABIM certified in Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Diseases and Hospice and Palliative Care
- Top Doctors, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine, 2018
- Received several Teacher of the Year awards from the University of Minnesota in 1996, 1998, 2000, 2008
- Top Doctor in Hospice and Palliative Care Minnesota Monthly 2016, 2017