Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I work collaboratively with patients to help them identify beliefs and behaviors that are interfering with their values and impacting their quality of life. I apply evidence-based interventions to help patients find meaning and move towards what is important to them.”
Dr. Morris is a Senior Clinical Psychologist. She completed her PhD in Clinical Psychology at the University of South Dakota, her pre-doctoral internship at the Bay Pines Veteran Affairs Medical Center, and her postdoctoral fellowship at Hennepin Healthcare. Dr. Morris is a generalist in adult clinical psychology with special emphasis on the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder and other anxiety disorders. Dr. Morris has extensive training in trauma-focused interventions (cognitive processing therapy, prolonged exposure therapy, written exposure therapy) as well as behavioral interventions for anxiety disorders (exposure therapy, unified protocol) and mindfulness-based approaches (dialectical behavior therapy, acceptance, and commitment therapy). Dr. Morris is also a member of the trauma-informed care committee at Hennepin Healthcare and committed to improving access to care for individuals and communities impacted by historical trauma and other traumatic events.
- Morris, J. M., & Quevillon, R. P. (2018). Social Reactions to Sexual Assault Disclosure: The Role of Posttraumatic Cognitions. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Advanced Online Publication, 1-10.
- Morris, J. M. & Puckett, J. A. (2017). Challenging everyday heterosexism. The Volante. University of South Dakota.
- Hahn, C. K., Morris, J. M., Jacobs, G. A. (2016). Predictors of bystander behaviors and sexual assertiveness among college women attending a sexual assault prevention program. Journal of Community Psychology, 45, 672-677.
- American Psychologist Association
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of South Dakota
- Licensed Psychologist in the State of Minnesota
- CPT Certification (VHA)
- PCMHI Certification (VHA)