Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to the care of patients with poisoning, overdose, and substance use disorders.”
Dr. Laes has expertise in the care of patients with substance use disorders in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She is also a consulting medical toxicologist with the Minnesota Poison Control System.
- Laes J.The Integration of Medical Toxicology and Addiction Medicine: a New Era in Patient Care. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2015.
- Laes J, Wiegand T. Case Presentations from the Addiction Academy. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2015.
- Laes, J, Williams D, Cole J. Improvement in Hemodynamics After Methylene Blue Administration in Drug-Induced Vasodilatory Shock: A Case Report. Journal of Medical Toxicology, December 2015.
- Laes J.Adult Poisoning Top 10, Online EMS Reference, FISDAP, 2014.
- Laes J.Articles You Might Have Missed. Journal of Medical Toxicology, September 2013.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Medical Toxicology, Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Herbal opioid Kratom raises concerns of doctors, Fox 9
- Good questions: What’s Causing People Pain?, CBS Local
- DPS News Advisory: News Conference: Marijuana Wax Seizures Up Significantly in Minnesota, Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology
- American College of Medical Toxicology
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota