Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to the care of patients with poisoning, overdose, and substance use disorders.”
Dr. Laes has expertise in the care of patients with substance use disorders in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She is also a core medical toxicology faculty with the Minnesota Poison Control System.
- Laes JR, Katzung KG, Hegarty C, Stellpflug SJ. Toxicology education in emergency medicine: an assessment and pilot study. Toxicology Communications. February 2019.
- Laes J, Hendriksen S, Cole JB. Use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy in quinine-associated visual disturbances. UHM. July-August 2018.
- Laes J, (Impella) in vasodilatory poison-induced shock. Clinical Toxicology. November 2017.
- Laes J. The Integration of Medical Toxicology and Addiction Medicine: a New Era in Patient Care. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2015.
- Laes J, Wiegand T. Case Presentations from the Addiction Academy. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2015.
- Laes J. Adult Poisoning Top 10, Online EMS Reference, FISDAP, 2014.
- Laes J. Articles You Might Have Missed. Journal of Medical Toxicology, September 2013.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Medical Toxicology, Regions Hospital, St. Paul, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Herbal opioid Kratom raises concerns of doctors, Fox 9
- Good questions: What’s Causing People Pain?, CBS Local
- DPS News Advisory: News Conference: Marijuana Wax Seizures Up Significantly in Minnesota, Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology
- American College of Medical Toxicology
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota