Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am dedicated to providing person-centered care to individuals across the cancer care continuum. I value the opportunity to provide individualized care to the vibrant and diverse Hennepin Healthcare community.”
Julie is a mental health professional who works with clients dealing with the many psychosocial stressors and mood changes that often accompany a cancer diagnosis. Julie received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Counseling and Psychological Services from Saint Mary’s University of MN in Winona, MN. During that time, she completed an internship in the HCMC Cancer Center where she found her passion for working in the field of psycho-oncology. She then went on to complete her Master of Art degree from Saint Mary’s University School of Graduate and Professional Programs in the Twin Cities. She has experience both working with inpatient and outpatient populations. Julie is passionate about research and identifying how to improve the psychological well-being of cancer patients and their caregivers.
- Boelke, J.M, Ortman, S. Identification and management of mental illness among ethnically diverse cancer survivors: A retrospective analysis of breast, colon, and lung cancer patients treated at a safety net hospital between 2010 and 2015. Poster session presented at: 15th Annual American Psychosocial Oncology Society Conference; 2018 Feb 22-24; Tucson, AZ.
- American Psychosocial Oncology Society
- Minnesota Counseling Association
- HCMC National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- HCMC American College of Surgeons – Cancer Committee
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
“Outside of work, I enjoy being outdoors and spending time with my family and friends.”