Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I’m committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care to all my patients. I value the opportunity to care for them and enjoy the strong relationships we build.”
Dr. Saab’s main areas of expertise include melanoma, lung cancer, and immunotherapy. He also has a strong interest in cancer research and has completed post-doctoral research fellowships at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and at Brigham and Women’s Hospital / Harvard Medical School.
- Saab KR, Mooradian MJ, Wang DY, Chon J, Xia CY, Bialczak A, Abbate KT, Menzies AM, Johnson DB, Sullivan RJ, Shoushtari AN. Tolerance and efficacy of BRAF plus MEK inhibition in patients with melanoma who previously have received programmed cell death protein 1-based therapy. Cancer. 2019:125(6):884-891.
- Saab KR, Elhadad S, Copertino D, Laurence J. Thrombotic microangiopathy in the setting of HIV infection: a case report and review of the differential diagnosis and therapy. AIDS Patient Care STDs 2016 Aug; 30(8):359-64. PMID: 27509235.
- Kleffel S, Lee N, Lezcano C, Wilson BJ, Sobolewsky K, Saab KR, Mueller H, Zhan Q, Posch C, Elco CP, DoRosario A, Garcia SS, Thakuria M, Wang YE, Wang L, Murphy GF, Frank MH, Schatton T. ABCB5-targeted chemoresistance reversal inhibits Merkel cell carcinoma growth. J Invest Dermatol 2016;136(4):838-46. PMID: 26827764.
- Saab KR, Kendrick J, Yracheta JM, Lanaspa MA, Pollard M, Johnson RJ. New insights on the risk for cardiovascular disease in African Americans: the role of added sugars. J Am Soc Nephrol 2015;26(2):247-57. PMID: 25090991.
- Ksander BR, Kolovou PE, Wilson BJ, Saab KR, Guo Q, Ma J, McGuire SP, Gregory MS, Vincent WJB, Perez VL, Cruz-Guilloty F, Kao WWY, Call MK, Tucker BA, Zhan Q, Murphy GF, Lathrop KL, Lin CP, Alt C, Mortensen LJ, Zieske JD, Frank MH, Frank NY. ABCB5 is a limbal stem cell gene required for corneal development and repair. Nature 2014; 511(7509):353-357. PMID: 25030174.
- Wilson BJ, Saab KR, Ma J, Schatton T, Putz P, Zhan Q, Murphy GF, Gasser M, Waaga-Gasser AM, Frank NY, Frank MH. ABCB5 maintains melanoma-initiating cells through a pro-inflammatory cytokine signaling circuit. Cancer Research 2014;74(15):4196-207. PMID: 24934811.
- Wilson BJ, Schatton T, Zhan Q, Gasser M, Ma J, Saab KR, Schanche R, Waaga-Gasser AM, Gold JS, Huang Q, Murphy GF, Frank MH, Frank NY. ABCB5 mediates 5-FU resistance and identifies therapy refractory tumor cells in colorectal cancer patients. Cancer Research 2011;71(15):5307-16. PMID: 21652540.
- Frank NY, Schatton T, Kim S, Zhan Q, Wilson BJ, Ma J, Saab KR, Osherov V, Widlund HR, Gasser M, Waaga-Gasser AM, Kupper TS, Murphy GF, Frank MH. VEGFR-1 expressed by malignant melanoma initiating cells is required for tumor growth. Cancer Research 2011;71(4):1474-85. PMID: 21212411.
- American University of Beirut, BEIRUT, LEBANON
- Internal Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
- Hematology and Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College / New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board-certified in Hematology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board-certified in Medical Oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Resident Research Publication Award, 2015
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2008