Kirankumar Bhosrekar, MD
Pediatrics - Critical Care
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about improving pediatric ICU outcomes through patient and family centered care. I believe that when physicians treat and educate parents and caregivers about the medical care their child is receiving, they feel confident and participate better in treatment decision-making.”
While Dr.Bhosrekar has expertise in managing various pediatric intensive care issues, the majority of his work focuses on pediatric trauma and pediatric traumatic brain injury.
- Bhosrekar K, Thompson NE, Scanlon M, D’Andrea L. Characteristics of Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children with Cyanotic Congenital Heart Disease. Critical Care Medicine. 2015;43(12 Suppl 1):24. doi: 10.1097/01.ccm.0000473919.84417.01.
- Bhosrekar K, Talano JA. Acute Cerebellar Edema with Obstructive Hydrocephalus in Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Critical Care Medicine. 2015;43(12 Suppl 1):312. doi: 10.1097/01.ccm.0000475073.33681.2b.
- Bhosrekar K, Hanson S. Hereditary Angioedema presenting as Forearm Compartment Syndrome. Critical Care Medicine. 2015;43(12 Suppl 1):324. doi: 10.1097/01.ccm.0000475121.83452.c4.
- Karande S, Bhosrekar K, Kulkarni M, Thakker A. Health-related Quality of Life of Children with Newly Diagnosed Specific Learning Disability. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics. 2009 Jun; 55(3):160-9. doi: 10.1093/tropej/fmn099. (PMID: 19042966)
- Karande S, Bhosrekar K. Impact of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder on health-related quality-of-life of specific learning disability children. Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 2009 Nov; 76(11):1119-24. doi: 10.1007/s12098-009-0240-9. (PMID: 20012790).
- B.J. Medical College, Pune, MS, INDIA
- Pediatrics, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College & General Hospital, Mumbai, MS, INDIA
- Pediatrics, St.Vincent Indianapolis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Society of Critical Care Medicine, Pediatric Section
- Board certified in General Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Board certified in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics – Subspecialty Certification
“I enjoy reading, investing and traveling, and spending time with my family.”