Dr. Klein has expertise in clinical emergency medicine, as well as emergency research.
- Klein LR, Driver BE, Miner JR, Martel ML, Hessel M, Collins JD, Horton GB, Fagerstrom E, Satpathy R, Cole JB. Intramuscular Midazolam, Olanzapine, Ziprasidone, or Haloperidol for Treating Acute Agitation in the Emergency Department. Ann Emerg Med. 2018 Oct;72(4):374-385.
- Klein LR, Cole JB, Driver BE, Battista C, Jelinek R, Martel ML. Unsuspected Critical Illness Among Emergency Department Patients Presenting for Acute Alcohol Intoxication. Ann Emerg Med. 2018 Mar;71(3):279-288.
- Klein LR, Cole JB, Driver BE, Miner JR, Laes JR, Fagerstrom E, L Martel M. An open-label randomized trial of intramuscular olanzapine versus oral clonidine for symptomatic treatment of opioid withdrawal in the emergency department. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2019 Feb 4:1-6
- Klein L, Moore J, Biros M. A 20-year Review: The Use of Exception From Informed Consent and Waiver of Informed Consent in Emergency Research. Acad Emerg Med. 2018 Oct;25(10):1169-1177.
- Driver BE, Prekker ME, Klein LR, Reardon RF, Miner JR, Fagerstrom ET, Cleghorn MR, McGill JW, Cole JB. Effect of Use of a Bougie vs Endotracheal Tube and Stylet on First-Attempt Intubation Success Among Patients With Difficult Airways Undergoing Emergency Intubation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2018 Jun 5;319(21):2179-2189.
- University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
- Emergency Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Emergency Medicine Research, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota