Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to patient-and family-centered care for all children and adolescents. I believe in working as a team with patients and families in an individualized, compassionate, and respectful way.”
Dr. Hogan has more than 40 years of experience delivering primary care to infants, children, adolescents and young adults. She has special interest and expertise in general pediatrics and parenting, the impact of media and communication, child maltreatment, and adolescent health.
- Strasburger, V, Hogan, MJ. Children, Adolescents and Media, Pediatrics 2013
- Hogan, MJ., Prosocial Effects of Media, Ped Clin NA 2012
- Hogan, MJ., Parents and Other Adults: Models and Monitors of Healthy Media Habits. In Singer, Handbook of Children and Media, 2012.
- Hogan, MJ., Strasburger Victor. Social media and new technology: a primer. Clinical Pediatrics 2018;57:1204-1215.
- Hogan, MJ., Strasburger Victor. Eating disorders and the media. Adolescent Medicine State of the Art Reviews 2018;29:208-227.
- Hogan, MJ., Children and Teens: Growing Up and Thriving in a Media World. Presented at AAUW forum, April 1, 2019.(Presentation)
- Stanford University Medical School, Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Ambulatory Pediatrics, Minneapolis Children's Hospital, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- MN Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- AAP Sections on Communications, Adolescent Health, Child Maltreatment
- Family Voices of MN board
- Helfer Society
- Board-certified in General Pediatrics
- Board-certified in Adolescent Medicine
- Gold-Headed Can Award, University of MN – 2009
- Holroyd-Sherry Award, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Guiding Light Award for Teaching, Hennepin County Medical Center, 2013
- Master Teacher Award, University of Minnesota, 2004
- George Noren Teaching Award, Hennepin County Medical Center
- Top Doc Award, Mpls. St Paul Magazine, multiple years
- Resident Teaching Award, University of Minnesota, multiple years
“I enjoy lots of activities with my husband Dave, including cycling, cooking, gardening and traveling. We spend whatever time we can visiting our four adult children who live around the world. We are also fortunate to have four parents of our own in their 90’s living in the Twin Cities.”