Melanie Lo, MD, MHS
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to working with patients and their families to develop high quality, effective plans for their health care.”
Dr. Lo is board-certified in Internal Medicine, caring for adults who are acutely ill in the hospital. She also has experience in public health and global health.
- Boulware DR, Meya DB, Muzoora C, Rolfes MA, Huppler Hullsiek K, Musubire A, Taseera K, Nabeta H, Schutz C, Williams D, Rajasingham R, Rhein J, Thienemann F, Lo MW, Nielsen K, Bergemann TL, Kambugu A, Manabe YC, Janoff EN, Bohjanen PR, Meintjes G. (2014). Timing of antiretroviral therapy after diagnosis of cryptococcal meningitis. New England Journal of Medicine, 370(26):2487-98.
- Ezeamama AE, Duggan C, Spiegelman D, Hertzmark E, Bosch RJ, Manji KP, Kupka R, Lo MW, Okuma JO, Kisenge R, Aboud S, Fawzi WW. (2014). Malarial morbidity and postnatal HIV infection in breastfeeding HIV-exposed infants. International Journal of Tropical Disease & Health, 4(1):18-30.
- Nachega JB, Uthman OA, Ho YS, Lo M, Anude C, Kayembe P, Wabwire-Mangen F, Gomo E, Sow PS, Obike U, Kusiaku T, Mills EJ, Mayosi BM, Ijsselmuiden C. (2012). Current status and future prospects of epidemiology and public health training and research in the WHO African region. International Journal of Epidemiology, 41(6):1829-46.
- Ezeamama AE, Spiegelman D, Hertzmark E, Bosch RJ, Manji KP, Duggan C, Kupka R, Lo MW, Okuma JO, Kisenge R, Aboud S, Fawzi WW. (2012). HIV and the incidence of malaria among HIV-exposed children from Tanzania. J Infect Dis, 205(10):1486-94.
- Winthrop KL, Nyendak M, Calvet H, Oh P, Lo M, Swarbrick G, Johnson C, Lewinsohn DA, Lewinsohn DM, Mazurek GH. (2008). Interferon-gamma release assays for diagnosing mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in renal dialysis patients. Clin J Am Soc Nephrology, 3(5): 1357-63.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Board certified in Internal Medicineby the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Medical School