Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I endeavor to keep my patients fully educated about their disease process and treatment options. I believe this is an integral part of the patient care. My goal is to work in collaboration with patients and their families to ensure they understand their disease well in order to provide the best possible management plan.”
Dr. Iqbal specializes in cardiac electrophysiology, general cardiology as well as advanced heart failure.
- Giudici, M., Bailin, S., Iqbal, O., Emerenini, U., Experience with a novel hybrid Cryo/RF focused Technique in long-standing atrial fibrillation- Low voltage bridge mapping. JICE April 2016.
- Iqbal, O., Chatterjee, K., Vandenberg, BF (Eds). Heart Failure with reduced ejection fraction- Common problems in cardiology. Jaypee Brothers Publishers, New Delhi 2016; pp. 43-62.
- Giudici, MC, Mickelsen SR, Bhave PD, Arteaga R, Iqbal O. A Safe, Simple Technique for Transseptal Catheterization. PACE March 2015; Volume 38.
- Iqbal, O., Nabeel, Y., Doshi, H., Joseph, L., Bhave, P., Zimmerman, M., Giudici, M. Persistent Left Atrial Appendage Thrombus in Non Valvular Atrial Fibrillation and Risk of Thromboembolism. JICE April 2015; Volume 42, No. 3.
- Worden, N.E., Joseph, L., Iqbal, O., Emerenini, U., Mickelsen, S.R., et al. (2016) Outcomes with AV Node Ablation from the Pacemaker Pocket. Ann Cardiovasc Dis 1(1): 1003.
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, LAHORE, PAKISTAN
- Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
- Advanced Heart Failure / Cardiac Transplantation, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
- Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease
- Board certified in Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Board eligible in Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota.
- Chief Resident of Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2008-2009
“I enjoy spending time with my family traveling and exploring nature. During summer time, I enjoy biking on different trails around the city. During winter, I am working on improving my skiing skills.”