Media, newsletters and Videos
- Nuestros Doctores: Dra. Patricia Castellanos, El Minnesota de Hoy, 10/6/2015
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to working with patients to empower and support them to take care of their mental and physical health.”
Dr. Castellanos is a Senior Clinical Psychologist. She provides brief behavioral health interventions and psychotherapy in English and Spanish. While Dr. Castellanos is a clinical generalist, her particular interests include women’s mental health, with a special interest in pregnancy and fertility concerns, trauma, anxiety and mood disorders, and management of chronic diseases. Additional interests include working with multicultural patients, including immigrant and illiterate populations.
- Grau, J. M., Castellanos, P., Smith, E. N., Duran, P., & Silberaman, G. (in press). Psychological Adjustment among young Puerto Rican Mothers: Perceived Partner Support and the Moderating Role of Latino Cultural Orientation. Journal of Latina/o Psychology
- Wood, L. E., Grau, J. M., Smith, E. N., Duran, P. A., Castellanos, P. (in press). The Influence of Cultural Orientation on Associations between Puerto Rican Adolescent Mothers’ Parenting and Toddler Compliance and Defiance. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology.
- Grau, J. M., Duran, P. A., Castellanos, P., Smith, E. N., Silberman, S., Wood, L. E. (2015). Developmental outcomes of toddlers of young Latina mothers: Cultural, family, and parenting factors. Infant Behavior and Development, 41, 113-126.
- Smith, E. N., Grau, J. M., Duran, P. A., Castellanos, P. (2013). Maternal depressive symptoms and child behavior problems among Latina adolescent mothers: The buffering effect of mother-reported partner child care involvement. Merrill-Palmer Quarterly, 59, 304-329.
- Grau, J., Wilson, K., Weller, E., Castellanos, P., Duran, P. (2012). Adolescent Parenting: Risk and Protective Factors in the Context of Poverty. In V. Maholmes, & R. B. King (Eds.). The Oxford handbook of poverty and child development. New York: Oxford University Press.
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Health Psychology (Division 38)
- Society for the Psychological Study of Culture, Ethnicity, and Race (Division 45)
- National Latino Psychological Association
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- PhD in Clinical Psychology from Kent State University
- Pre-doctoral internship at Hennepin County Medical Center
- Fellowship in Primary Care Behavioral Health at Whittier Clinic
“In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my twins and my husband, as well as collecting Harry Potter memorabilia.”