Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“We are members of the same team: your child, your family and me. Our goal is the best possible health and development for your child.”
Dr. Magid sees children of all ages for wellness checks and sick visits. He also heads the Pediatric Gender and Sexual Health Clinic, which serves the health care needs of youth who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, gender-questioning and gender-nonconforming.
- Bercovitz RS, Quinones RR, Dietz A, Magid R, Smith A, Zantek N. What is the Role of Red Blood Cell Transfusion Threshold on Number of Transfusions in Pediatric Patients post-Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant? Poster presented at the 2011 meeting of the American Society of Hematology.
- Magid RN, Bostrom BC, Madsen LB, Giesar SJ, Hansen MB, Slagerman K, Bendel AE. Carboplatin Hypersensitivity In Children With Low Grade Glioma; Successful Outpatient Desensitization. Poster presented at the 14th International Symposium on Pediatric Neuro-Oncology (ISPNO), June 2010.
- Carlson E, Tkac I, Magid R, O’Connor MB, Andrews NC, Schallert T, Gunshin H, Georgieff MK, Petryk A. Iron is essential for neuron development and memory function in mouse hippocampus. Journal of Nutrition 2009 Apr;139(4):672-9.
- Carlson ES, Magid R, Petryk A, Georgieff MK. Iron deficiency alters expression of genes implicated in Alzheimer disease pathogenesis. Brain Research 2008 Oct 27;1237:75-83.
- Koh S, Magid R, Chung H, Stine CD, Wilson DN. Depressive behavior and selective downregulation of serotonin receptor expression after early-life seizures: Reversal by environmental enrichment. Epilepsy and Behavior 2007 Feb;10(1):26-31.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Board certified in General Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota Pediatrics