Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to help people reach their personal goals surrounding their sleep.”
Dr. Anders is an integrated behavioral health provider specializing in behavioral treatments for sleep disorders. She completed a PhD in counseling psychology at the University of Minnesota and has had extensive training in behavioral sleep medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and through the Society for Behavioral Sleep Medicine.
- Frazier, P., Nguyen-Feng, V. N., Fulco, C., Anders, S., & Shallcross, S. (2017). Mediators of the relation between sexual victimization and distress: Comparison to bereavement. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy, 9, 96-105. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/tra0000166
- Baker, M. R., Frazier, P. A., Greer, C. S., Paulsen, J. A., Howard, K., Meredith, L., Anders, S., & Shallcross, S. (2016). Sexual victimization history predicts academic performance in college women. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 63, 685-692. doi: 10.1037/cou0000146.
- Koffel, E., Kuhn, E., Petsoulis, N., Erbes, C., Anders, S., Hoffman, J., Ruzek, J., Polusny, M., & Manber, R. (2016). A randomized controlled pilot study of CBT-I Coach: Feasibility, acceptability, and potential impact of a mobile phone application for patients in cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia. Health Informatics Journal, June. doi: 10.1177/1460458216656472.
- Anders, S.L., Peterson, C.K., James, L.M., Engdahl, B., Leuthold, A., Georgopoulos, A.P. (2015). Neural communication in posttraumatic growth. Experimental Brain Research, 233, 2013-2020. doi: 10.1007/s00221-015-4272-2.
- James, L. M., Anders, S. L., Peterson, C., Engdahl, B. E., Krueger, R. F., & Georgopoulos, A. P. (2015). DSM-5 personality traits discriminate between posttraumatic stress disorder and control groups. Experimental Brain Research, 233, 2021-2028. doi: 10.1007/s00221-015-4273-1.
- Society for Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- PhD in Counseling Psychology, University of Minnesota
- Licensed in Counseling Psychology
“In my free time, I enjoy running, cross-country skiing, biking and spending time with my family.”