Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing quality skin services to all. I enjoy meeting and getting to know new people and look forward to new patients in my clinic. I recognize that health encompasses not just the skin, but the whole person, and I look forward partnering with my patients along their health journey.”
Dr. Hylwa is a recent graduate of the University of Minnesota Department of Dermatology residency program, where she was chief resident in her final year. She specializes not only in general dermatology for adults and children, but skin allergy (contact dermatitis) and inpatient dermatology as well.
- Hylwa SA, Warshaw E. Contact allergy to pramoxine (pramocaine): the importance of testing to personal products. Dermatitis. 2014 May-Jun;25(3):147-8.
- Hylwa SA, Loss L, Grassi M. Cutis. 2013 Oct;92(4):193-8. Crusted scabies and tinea corporis after treatment of presumed bullous pemphigoid.
- Davis MD, Hylwa SA, Allen EM. Basics of patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2013 Sep;32(3):158-68.
- Hylwa SA, Foster AA, Bury JE, Davis MD, Pittelkow MR, Bostwick JM. Delusional infestation is typically comorbid with other psychiatric diagnoses: review of 54 patients receiving psychiatric evaluation at Mayo Clinic. Psychosomatics. 2012 May-Jun;53(3):258-65.
- Hylwa SA, Bury JE, Davis MD, Pittelkow M, Bostwick JM. Delusional infestation, including delusions of parasitosis: results of histologic examination of skin biopsy and patient-provided skin specimens. Arch Dermatol. 2011 Sep;147(9):1041-5.
- University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
- Dermatology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Board of Dermatology
- Society of Pediatric Dermatology
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- American Board of Dermatology, Certificate 2015
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology, University of Minnesota
- Chief Resident 2014-2015
“Dr. Hylwa grew up in rural upstate New York. She enjoys yoga, running, and traveling when she is able. She also enjoys spending time with her husband, dog, and cat.”