Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about providing personalized, culturally sensitive, and cost-effective care to my patients. I strongly believe in my role as a patient educator and counselor. I strive to help patients understand the issues pertaining to their health in order to help them make the best decisions regarding their care.”
Dr. Contag cares for patients with a broad range of ear, nose, and throat problems. She has experience in surgical treatment of chronic ear disease and hearing loss, as well as surgery for the sinuses, upper aerodigestive tract, and airway. Here at Hennepin, Dr. Contag has pioneered the use of lasers in the treatment of many swallowing, voice, and breathing disorders. Dr. Contag also cares for patients with complex maxillofacial trauma. Dr. Contag has introduced endoscopic approaches to repair of cerebrospinal fluid leaks associated with traumatic skull fractures.
- Wise SC, Carlson ML, Tveiten AV, Driscoll CL, Myrseth E, Lund-Johansen M, Link MJ. Surgical salvage of vestibular schwannoma following prior stereotactic radiosurgery. Laryngoscope. 2016; Nov; 126(11)2580-2586.
- Friedman JA*, Wise SC*, Hu M, Gouveia C, Broek RV, Freudlsperger C, et. al. HSP90 inhibitor SNX5422/2112 targets the dysregulated signal and transcription factor network and malignant phenotype of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Translational Oncology. 2013; 6(4): 429-441. *contributed equally as first authors.
- Contag S, Golub J, Teknos T, Nussenbaum B, Arnold D, Stack B, Johns M. Professional burnout among microvascular and reconstructive free-flap head and neck surgeons in the United States. Arch of Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Aug;136(10):950.
- Contag SP, Klein AM, Blount AC, Johns MM. Validation of a Laryngeal Dissection Module for Phonomicrosurgical Training. The Laryngoscope. 2009;19: 211-215.
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- Minnesota Academy of Otolaryngology
- Board certified in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota
“I enjoy spending time with my family. In the summer, my dog and I run around the many lakes and parks in Minneapolis. In the winter we are outdoors snowshoeing and skijoring.”