Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I strive to give my patients the best care. I am committed to providing the new technologies while keeping the cost benefit formula in place. Each patient is unique and having them participate in their medical decision is key in my practice.”
While Dr. Zahr enjoys all areas of rheumatology, he has a specific interest in musculoskeletal ultrasound diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. He introduced musculoskeletal ultrasound to the Rheumatology clinic at HCMC. Dr. Zahr built a curriculum to teach rheumatology fellows musculoskeletal ultrasound and mentor the fellows to get certified in the field. Dr. Zahr enjoys teaching and working with medical students, residents and fellows.
- Zahr, A, Spiegelman, Z, Cantu, A, Bernard, N; Perioperative use of anti-rheumatic agents does not increase early postoperative infection risks: A veteran affairs’ administrative database study. Rheumatol Int. 2015;35:265-272. PMID:25187198.
- Nayak P, Zahr ZA, Luo R, Elting L, Suarez-Almazor, ME. Mortality risk in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who develop Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Arthritis & Rheuatology. 2014 Nov; 66 (11): S472.
- Zahr ZA, Fang H, Magder L, Petri M. Predictors of corticosteroid tapering in SLE patients: the Hopkins Lupus Cohort. Lupus. 2013 May 24. PMID: 23708944.
- Zahr ZA, Baer AN. Malignancy in Myositis? CurrRheumatol Rep. 2011 Feb 19. PMID: 21336621.
- American University of Beirut, BEIRUT, LEBANON
- Internal Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Rheumatology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
- American College of Rheumatology
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Rheumatology
- Board Certified in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Certified in Clinical Densitometry
“I enjoy spending time with my family and explore beautiful Minnesota. Sports and traveling are our biggest interests.”