Pediatric Gender and Sexual Health Program
This unique and welcoming program at Hennepin Healthcare provides primary care and mental health care to children, adolescents and young adults who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, gender-questioning or gender-nonconforming.
Our team is comprised of physicians, psychologists, social workers and support staff who work together to provide optimal physical and mental health care during these formative years. We know that LGBTQ children who have nurturing and supportive families and health care providers have better outcomes than those who do not. We are here for you and your family.
Examples of services available
- Primary care (e.g. check ups and vaccinations)
- Mental health care (individual and family therapy, diagnostic assessment and psychological evaluation)
- Pubertal suppression
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Referrals to surgeons or subspecialists as needed
- Referral to community supports or resources as needed
For more information, call 612-873-9360.
The Pediatric Gender and Sexual Health Program is located in the Pediatric Clinic.