The Mother-Baby Program offers a range of mental health services to support pregnant women and families with children ages 0-5 years old.
About the Mother-Baby Program
It is very common to feel many different emotions when you are pregnant or parenting young children.
Our staff will help determine which treatment option is the right fit for you. Babies 12 months and younger can come with you to any Mother-Baby appointment or program.
Common concerns of women and families in the Mother-Baby Program:
- Postpartum depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder
- Depression, anxiety, or other emotional distress during pregnancy
- Grief and sadness due to history of loss or trauma
- Difficulty bonding or caring for baby or other children
- Other challenges or stress related to pregnancy or parenting
Mother-Baby Connections Group
The 10-week Mother-Baby Connections Group meets once a week for two hours. The group provides an opportunity for mothers to connect for support while building skills for emotional health and connection with baby. The group curriculum is driven by skills and topics that are especially relevant to pregnant women and mothers with young children, and incorporates skills from Dialectical Behavior Therapy and the attachment-based parent education curriculum, Circle of Security ©. Group members are encouraged to connect with individual therapy, psychiatry, and community supports while participating in the program. Babies under 12 months are welcome to attend. Contact the Mother-Baby Program at 612-873-MAMA (6262) to schedule an intake.
- A free telephone support service for pregnant women and parents of young children.
- Call 612-873-HOPE and one of our mental health staff members will talk with you, answer questions, and help you find the support you need.
- You will be asked to leave a message. Our mental health staff members will call you back within 2 business days.