Sage Cancer Screening Program
The Sage Cancer Screening Program at Hennepin Healthcare offers free breast and cervical cancer screening for women who meet eligibility guidelines. For more information about the statewide Sage program, please visit the Minnesota Department of Health www.MNSage.com.
Please call our office at 612-873-3814 to schedule an appointment. Flexible scheduling available at several locations around the county including late afternoon and evening appointments. For Hennepin Healthcare employees and other providers who have questions or would like more information, please call 612-873-2576 to speak with the Program Coordinator.
- Office visit for breast and/or cervical exam
- Pap smear
- Screening mammogram (breast exam required)
- Office visit for breast screening
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Fine needle aspiration of breast lump, including pathology reading
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast biopsy
- Office Visit for cervical screening
- Endometrial Biopsy
- High Risk HPV Panels
- You are a woman age 40 or over*
- You have no health insurance or are underinsured**
- Your gross household income falls within our guidelines
* The Sage Program recognizes that there are some situations where services are indicated in younger women. If a woman is determined by a clinician to be at elevated risk for breast cancer, Sage will cover her office visit and mammogram. If further follow-up is needed, the woman could also have a diagnostic mammogram, breast ultrasound, or outpatient breast biopsy.
** Underinsured includes: Insurance that does not cover screening or insurance with unmet deductibles or copayments. Women on Medicare where there are uncovered expenses associated with the visit, Pap, or mammogram. Women that are on either MinnesotaCare or Medical Assistance are not eligible forSage (because both cover these screening services).