State / County Updates
Great news! No one enrolled in essential programs at the county level (health insurance, food or cash support) will lose coverage during the pandemic, unless an enrollee requests that their coverage end or moves out of Minnesota. The goal is to continue these benefits and reduce the number of face-to-face contacts everywhere.
For people receiving home and community-based services (e.g. Brain Injury, CADI waivers, etc.) under Medical Assistance, assessments can temporarily be done by phone or online. Case managers can conduct phone or online visits. Personal Care Assistance (PCA) programs include assessments but do not require case management.
Feel free to reach out to your individual case manager(s) for more information. If you have general questions about county benefits, please call Front Door at (612) 348-4111 or Economic Assistance at 612-596-1300.
If you are uninsured right now, you can get covered through MNsure. In response to the potential growth of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, MNsure is offering a special enrollment period to eligible Minnesotans.
Apply on MNsure.org by April 21. Help is Available.
- MNsure has a statewide network of expert assisters who can help you apply and enroll, free of charge. Go here to see a list of 'assisters' and find one close to you.
- Get online help to access frequently requested services.
- The MNsure Contact Center is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday at 651-539-2099 (1-855-366-7873 outside the Twin Cities).
Hennepin Healthcare Financial Counseling / Billing Questions
Financial counseling is still available to assist our patients and support our business partners. Patients or staff can contact a financial counselor by email or phone.
Outpatient: Conducting phone interviews and emailing/mailing signature pages to patients when needed
Inpatient: Conducting phone interviews when possible, have financial counseling presence on-site to assist with in-person signatures and applications not possible over the phone.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (voicemails returned throughout the day) 612-873-2767.
Food / Restaurants / Grocery Store Home delivery
Check out this comprehensive list of restaurants and grocery home delivery options (these are not free, but may be lower in cost).
Food Shelves: United Way/2-1-1 specialists can look up food resources LIVE 24/7 based on your zip code.
United Way 2-1-1 can be contacted by:
Phone: CALL 651-291-0211
Text: TEXT your zip code (i.e. "55404") to 898-211
Website with live chat feature
Free grocery deliveries to Metro Mobility customers:
- Certified Metro Mobility customers can now order groceries and household essentials online from a store that has online shopping and local pick up. Metro Mobility will pick your order up and deliver to your house.
- Service is free — no fares for delivery. Delivery begins on Sunday, March 22.
- You can book same day or in advance, for groceries and household essentials, just like you book a ride for yourself. You’ll receive your delivery within 60 minutes of the scheduled pickup time.
- West Zone (Transit Team): 651-602-1100
- East Zone (First Transit East): 651-602-1120
- South Zone (First Transit South): 651-602-1180
Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance Free Support After Brain Injury
Resource Facilitation is a free, two-year telephone support program that provides education and connection to supports and services to assist people throughout Minnesota in navigating life after brain injury. Participants receive scheduled calls over a two-year period to help problem-solve issues and identify resources to help them transition back to family life, work, school, and the community while achieving the greatest level of independence as possible. Individuals can be referred by a professional or self-refer at any time.