Changes on our campus
We have made changes to our campus to protect our patients, staff, and community from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). If you plan to visit our downtown campus, please note where you can enter and how many individuals can visit. Please plan accordingly and thank you for understanding.
For the safety of everyone, please be advised that all patients, visitors, and staff are required to wear a mask or face covering while inside our facilities to guard against the spread of COVID-19.
For the safety and protection of our patients and staff, no visitors who are ill will be allowed to visit patients.
Emergency Department / Urgent Care
Visitors are only allowed for pediatric patients, vulnerable adults, and trauma patients. All other visitors will be asked to leave the hospital to prevent infection prevention concerns in hospital waiting areas.
Visitors will only be allowed for admitted patients based on compassionate care needs. Please call the unit where your patient located before coming to the hospital.
One (1) well parent or guardian at a time
Birth Center, Labor and Delivery patients
One (1) adult visitor for the entire stay. The visitor will not be allowed back in if they leave.
We ask patients to please limit the number of individuals who accompany them to one (1) person. However, we recognize that exceptions apply for children pediatric patients and other unique situations, in which two (2) people may be appropriate. The following exceptions will be made:
- For adult patients requiring assistance: One (1) healthy visitor allowed.
- For pediatric patients (under 18 years of age): One (1) healthy visitor allowed.
Children are discouraged from visiting, but must not be left unattended.
730 S. 8th Street, Red Entrance
Purple Skyway from HCMC Parking Ramp
6th Street and Park Avenue
Clinic & Specialty Center
715 S. 8th Street
M – F, 7 am until 6 pm
913 S. 7th Street, Blue Entrance
For symptom-free patients only
M – F, 6 am – 6 pm
900 S. 8th Street, Blue Entrance
For Viral Screening Clinic patients only
M – F, 8 am – 4:30 pm
We realize that human connection contributes to healing, and our staff is dedicated to ensuring that your loved one is supported and cared for emotionally and physically.
What you can do:
- Stay connected to your loved one with technology—smartphone, iPad, laptop. We can assist patients who might not be tech-savvy.
- Send or drop off a card, a special picture or other mementos to help your loved one feel connected to home. We will make sure they get delivered.
- Drop off personal care items that bring your loved one comfort. Please know that we will do what we can to protect these personal items but we urge you not to leave anything of high value. It is not possible for us to guarantee the security of personal items at this busy time.
How do I drop off items?
From 8 am to 9 pm, drop your items off at the HCMC Parking Ramp on 6th St and Park Ave. Enter from either 6th or 7th St, go to the second-floor patient drop-off/pick-up and staff will be available inside the door. Parking is free if you exit within 20 minutes.
Thank you for your understanding and please be assured that your loved one’s wellbeing is our #1 priority. We are all family in this stressful time. To reach your loved one’s unit and/or room phone, please call 612-873-3000.