Trauma Services oversee the operations of Hennepin Healthcare's trauma program. Hennepin Healthcare has been verified as a Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center for the ninth consecutive time.
Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
Trauma Services Contacts
- Chad Richardson, MD, Trauma Medical Director, 612-873-2810
- Donovan Hess, MD, Pediatric Trauma Medical Director
- Ryan Fey, MD, Burn Medical Director
- Sherrie Murphy, RN, CEN, CPEN, CPHQ, Trauma Program Manager, 612-873-4880, [email protected]
- Beth Aller, RN, MA, BSN, PHN, Burn Program Coordinator, 612-873-5470, [email protected]
- Maeve Dwyer, RN, BSN, Pediatric Trauma Coordinator, 612-873-5059, [email protected]
- Kimberly Killian, RN, BSN, Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Coordinator, 612-873-3856, [email protected]
- Shannon Lee, RN, MSN, Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Coordinator, 612-873-3801, [email protected]
- Julie Philbrook, RN, DNP, MAN, MAL, Injury Prevention Specialist, Trauma Prevention Program, 612-873-8500, [email protected]
- Denise Schmitt, Trauma Data Manager, 612-873-7464, [email protected]
- Robert Downing, Lead Trauma Registrar, 612-873-6292, [email protected]
- Pat Buenzle, Trauma Referral Coordinator, 612-873-5917, [email protected]
- Melody A Schreiner, RN, BSN, Trauma & Critical Care Outreach Clinical Liaison, 612-873-3449, [email protected]
- George Esbensen, Outreach Liaison, [email protected]
- John Templin, Office Specialist, 612-873-6002, [email protected]
The Trauma Registry provides data for ongoing quality improvement efforts at every level of trauma patient care. The American College of Surgeons requires Hennepin Healthcare to have a trauma registry in order to maintain its status as a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center. In addition, the information collected by the Registry is used in research, resource planning, injury prevention, and trauma education. Information is also submitted to the Minnesota Department of Health’s statewide trauma data bank.
As Minnesota's first Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, Hennepin Healthcare is committed to the treatment of trauma patients and providing patients, clients, and the community with trauma prevention programs. Hennepin Healthcare's trauma prevention programs address injuries that occur at any age. Our staff provides direct education and technical assistance to health care providers and community groups to address their specific injury concerns.
Trauma outreach staff work with rural and urban healthcare personnel in the pre-hospital, emergency department, inpatient, and rehabilitation care to educate and support the improvement of trauma care throughout Minnesota and neighboring states. In addition, the trauma outreach staff is dedicated to providing ongoing patient care and coordination of follow-up care.