Trauma Services oversee the operations of Hennepin Healthcare's trauma program. Hennepin Healthcare has been verified as a Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center for the ninth consecutive time.
Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center
Trauma Services Contacts
Hennepin Connect (Physician Trauma Referrals): 612-873-4262, 1-800-424-4262, 24/7
Trauma Services Administration: 612-873-6002, M-F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
General Hospital Number: 612-873-3000, 24/7
- Chad Richardson, MD, Trauma Medical Director, 612-873-2810
- Donovan Hess, MD, Pediatric Trauma Medical Director
- Ryan Fey, MD, Burn Medical Director
- Sherrie Murphy, RN, CEN, CPEN, CPHQ, Trauma Program Manager, 612-873-4880, [email protected]
- Beth Aller, RN, MA, BSN, PHN, Burn Program Coordinator, 612-873-5470, [email protected]
- Maeve Dwyer, RN, BSN, Pediatric Trauma Coordinator, 612-873-5059, [email protected]
- Kimberly Killian, RN, BSN, Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Coordinator, 612-873-3856, [email protected]
- Shannon Lee, RN, MSN, Trauma Performance Improvement and Patient Safety Coordinator, 612-873-3801, [email protected]
- Julie Philbrook, RN, DNP, MAN, MAL, Injury Prevention Specialist, Trauma Prevention Program, 612-873-8500, [email protected]
- Denise Schmitt, Trauma Data Manager, 612-873-7464, [email protected]
- Robert Downing, Lead Trauma Registrar, 612-873-6292, [email protected]
- Pat Buenzle, Trauma Referral Coordinator, 612-873-5917, [email protected]
- Melody A Schreiner, RN, BSN, Trauma & Critical Care Outreach Clinical Liaison, 612-873-3449, [email protected]
- George Esbensen, Outreach Liaison, [email protected]
- John Templin, Office Specialist, 612-873-6002, [email protected]
The Trauma Registry provides data for ongoing quality improvement efforts at every level of trauma patient care. The American College of Surgeons requires Hennepin Healthcare to have a trauma registry in order to maintain its status as a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center. In addition, the information collected by the Registry is used in research, resource planning, injury prevention, and trauma education. Information is also submitted to the Minnesota Department of Health’s statewide trauma data bank.
As Minnesota's first Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, Hennepin Healthcare is committed to the treatment of trauma patients and providing patients, clients, and the community with trauma prevention programs. Hennepin Healthcare's trauma prevention programs address injuries that occur at any age. Our staff provides direct education and technical assistance to health care providers and community groups to address their specific injury concerns.
Trauma outreach staff work with rural and urban healthcare personnel in the pre-hospital, emergency department, inpatient, and rehabilitation care to educate and support the improvement of trauma care throughout Minnesota and neighboring states. In addition, the trauma outreach staff is dedicated to providing ongoing patient care and coordination of follow-up care.
Trauma & Critical Care Series
- Trauma & Critical Care Schedule
View the Trauma and Critical Care Schedule.
The Trauma and Critical Care Series is a free monthly, live web-based nursing education series provided by Trauma Services at Hennepin Healthcare.
- Speakers Bureau
We provide education through lectures, skill stations, or interactive case studies for healthcare providers. Attendees may obtain various handout materials, CEU and CME credits. Programs are usually 30 minutes to 2 hours long. Longer programs are available but may be subject to a fee. Requirements include a minimum of 12 people attending. Small groups are encouraged to invite neighboring communities or other similar agencies or personnel. There is no fee for this service. Honorariums are accepted but not required.
Hennepin Healthcare is a proud member of the Life Link III Consortium. LifeLink III provides emergency and critical care aeromedical transportation for patients in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. For more information, access the Life Link III website or call 1-800-283-4025.