Dr. Richardson has special interests in trauma and acute care surgery, surgical critical care, kidney transplantation, laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, and vascular access.
- Wyman EA, Nygaard RM, Richardson CJ, Quickel RR: Safety of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy after trauma laparotomy. J Surg Res 192(2):607-10, 2014.
- Nygaard RM, Sirany AM, Wyman EA, Bodner J, Richardson CJ, Ney AL, Odland MD, Hill MJ: A clinical tool to risk stratify potential kidney transplant recipients and predict severe adverse events. Clin Transplant Nov 30(11):1494-1500, 2016. doi: 10.1111/ctr.12848 Epub October 2016.
- Holl E, Nygaard RM, Marek AP, Richardson CJ, Hess D: Use of chest CT for blunt pediatric chest trauma: Does it change clinical course? Pediatr Emerg Care. Accepted for publication 2017.
- Marek AP, Nygaard RM, Cohen EM, Polites SF, Sirany AE, Wildenberg SE, Elsbernd TA, Murphy S, Dean Potter D, Zielinski MD, Richardson CJ: Rural versus urban pediatric non-accidental trauma: different patients, similar outcomes. BMC Res Notes 11(1):519, 2018.
- Polites SF, Nygaard RM, Reddy PN, Zielinski MD, Richardson CJ, Elsbernd TA, Petrun BM, Weinberg SM, Murphy S, Potter DD, Klinkner DB, Moir CR: Multicenter study of crystalloid boluses and transfusion in pediatric trauma: when to go to blood? J Trauma Acute Care Surg 85(1):108-112, 2018.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Surgery, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Renal Transplant, Karolinska Institute, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
- Surgical Critical Care, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Surgeons
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Minnesota Surgical Society
- Minneapolis Surgical Society
- Hitchcock Surgical Society
- Trauma Medical Director
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Board Certified in Surgical Critical Care
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Director/Instructor
- Advanced Trauma Operative Management Instructor