The Patient Representatives Office serves as a resource for patients and visitors who have questions or concerns about hospital and clinic services.
Who We Are
The Patient Representatives Office serves as a resource for patients and visitors who have questions or concerns about hospital and clinic services. The Patient Representatives play an important role in ensuring a high-quality experience for Hennepin Healthcare patients, families, visitors and other customers. The Patient Representatives are committed to actively working with all staff to address patient concerns; improve the overall patient and customer experience; establish positive, professional working relationships; and, assist with problem-solving.
What We Do
- Respond to patient and family questions, concerns and compliments
- Educate patient, families, and staff about hospital processes and policies as they relate to patient rights and responsibilities
- Facilitate problem-solving and ensure an appropriate reply when patient complaints are filed
- Round on Inpatient units and limited outpatient clinics to explain resources available to patients and families through the Patient Representative Office
- Serve as a resource for general information about Hennepin Healthcare and relevant community resources
- Serve as ambassadors to promote Hennepin Healthcare staff and services
- Track patient complaints to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policy
- Identify areas of opportunity for performance improvement hospital-wide
Patient Satisfaction Survey
A part of our efforts to continuously improve at Hennepin Healthcare, we survey our patients to learn about their experiences here.
You may receive our survey by mail or email. To ensure confidentiality, this survey is administered by an independent third-party, Press Ganey Associates, Inc. It should take you approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
Your feedback and comments about your visit will help us evaluate our services, and understand how we might improve our care. With more patient feedback, we are better equipped to improve the patient experience.
Thank you in advance for completing the survey. Your participation will help us to improve the quality of care that we provide to you, your family, friends, and neighbors.
If you have any questions, please contact our Patient Representatives office at 612-873-8585.
Complaint Process and Office Hours
The Patient Representatives Office is staffed 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday.
The Patient Representatives are available to meet with patients and staff on weekdays in inpatient rooms, clinics, the Emergency Department, the Patient Representatives Office or other location that is convenient to the patient and/or their family. Patients or the family members or guardians can file a formal complaint by phoning or visiting the Patient Representatives Office.