Advanced Practice Providers
Educating and providing high quality, patient-centered healthcare
The Advanced Practice Providers at Hennepin Healthcare advocate for, educate, and provide high quality, patient-centered healthcare to diverse populations while helping to develop current and future healthcare professionals.
A growing APP workforce
Developed in 2013 as a result of a growing APP workforce and the need for increased support and advocacy, the APP Center stands as a centralized department dedicated to the 300+ APPs at Hennepin Healthcare.
Located on R7 room 202, the center is open 24/7 to all advanced practice providers. Similar to a lounge, it has a number of amenities that are exclusive to APPs. This serves as a unique and relaxing environment for APPs to enjoy between clinical responsibilities. It is also home to the APP director and APP manager.
Functions of the APP Center include:
- Orientation and onboarding of newly hired APPs.
- Recruitment of new APPs and retention of employed APPs.
- Placement of all APP student rotations.
- Oversight of APP compensation.
- Privileging and credentialing of APPs.
- Administration of APP performance metrics and scorecards while overseeing productivity and quality.
- APP comportment.
- Promoting the APP role and scope of practice in an effort to optimize utilization of APPs.
- Participating in organizational strategic planning initiatives.
- Providing mentorship and professional development for APPs.
- Representing an APP perspective on committees and in key policy decisions.
Advance Practice Providers at Hennepin Healthcare include:
- Physician Assistants (PAs)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs)
- Certified Nurse Practitioners (CNPs)
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioners (NNPs)
- Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs)
- Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs)
- Advanced Dental Therapists