Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am passionate about treating kidney disease using the latest treatments to suit the patient’s needs.”
Dr. Israni has extensive experience in the care of kidney disease, particularly kidney transplant patients. He has been at Hennepin Healthcare since 2005. In his many years of service as a physician-scientist, Dr. Israni has received several grants for research from the federal government.
- Israni AK, Zaun D, Bolch C, Rosendale JD, Schaffhausen C, Snyder JJ, Kasiske BL. OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Deceased Organ Donation. Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 Suppl 1:503-542.
- Hart A, Smith JM, Skeans MA, Gustafson SK, Stewart DE, Cherikh WS, WainrightJL, Kucheryavaya A, Woodbury M, Snyder JJ, Kasiske BL, Israni AK. OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Kidney. Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 Suppl 1:21-116.
- Hart A, Gustafson SK, Skeans MA, Stock P, Stewart D, Kasiske BL, Israni AK. OPTN/SRTR 2015 Annual Data Report: Early effects of the new kidney allocation system. Am J Transplant. 2017; 17 Suppl 1:543-564.
- Oetting WS, Schladt DP, Guan W, Miller MB, Remmel RP, Dorr C, Sanghavi K, Mannon RB, Herrera B, Matas AJ, Salomon DR, Kwok PY, Keating BJ, Israni AK, Jacobson PA; DeKAF Investigators. Genomewide Association Study of Tacrolimus Concentrations in African American Kidney Transplant Recipients Identifies Multiple CYP3A5 Alleles. Am J Transplant. 2016; 16(2):574-82.
- Israni A, Dean C, Kasel B, Berndt L, Wildebush W, Wang CJ. Why do Patients Forget to Take Immunosuppression Medications and Miss Appointments: Can a Mobile Phone App Help? JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2016; 2(1):e15.
- New York University, New York, NY, USA
- Internal Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
- Nephrology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Transplantation
- Board Certified in Nephrology and Internal Medicine
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Epidemiology & Community Health
- Young Investigator Award, American Society of Transplantation, 2004
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Faculty Scholars Award, 2007.
- Interim President, Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute, 2015
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Organ Transplantation, Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Graduated with Honors in Genetics from New York University School of Medicine
- Selected as Chief Resident during Internal Medicine Residency at Boston City Hospital
- Deputy Director of the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients