Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My ultimate goal in practicing medicine is to be the kind of doctor that I would personally trust to care for my own loved ones. I hope that patients and colleagues recognize this personal commitment in my every clinical encounter.”
Dr. Noska is a consultant in HIV, hepatitis C (HCV, hepatitis B (HBV) coinfection, and general infectious diseases. She is an enthusiastic medical educator who enjoys training medical students, residents and fellows. Her research interests including examining factors that influence the delivery of high quality care for persons living with HIV, HCV and/or HBV, as well as among those with substance use disorders, homelessness and/or history of incarceration. She is also interested in clinical trials evaluating new, cutting edge treatment for HIV and Hepatitis C and B.
- Noska AJ, Liu T, Kuo I, et al. Validity of self-reported hepatitis C virus status among criminal justice-involved persons living with HIV. August 18 th , 2021. J Correctional Health Care. Published online at: https://doi.org/10.1089/jchc.19.05.0045.
- Noska A, Belperio PS, Loomis TP, O’Toole TP, Bakus LI. Prevalence of Human
Immunodeficiency Virus, hepatitis C virus, and hepatitis B virus among homeless and non-homeless United States veterans. Clin Infect Dis. 2017;65(2):252-258. PMID: 28379316.
- Noska AJ, Belperio PS, Loomis TP, O’Toole TP, Bakus LI. Engagement in the hepatitis C care cascade among homeless veterans, 2015. Public Health Rep. 2017;132(2):136-139. PMID:28135425.
- Noska AJ, Roberts MB, Sufrin C, Stein LA, Beckwith CG, Rich JD, Dauria EF, Clarke JG. History of sex exchange in women with a history of incarceration. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2016;27(2A):149-162. PMID: 27133516.
- Noska A, Kyrillos R, Hansen G, Hirigoyen D, Williams DN. The role of antiviral therapy in immunocompromised patients with herpes simplex virus meningitis. Clin Infect Dis.
2015;60(2):237-242. PMID: 25273082.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Virtual education on COVID-19. Project ECHO series. Featured guest on lecture series.
- The Addiction Connection, Featured guest on podcast. June 10th, 2020.
- Novel Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan City, China. WDIO TV (ABC News), Featured guest. January 26th, 2020.
- News from Brown, The Good Fight; Hepatitis C is the deadliest infectious disease in the US. The VA has a Strategy to defeat it among veterans ; Innovation in hepatitis C care delivery to veterans living with hepatitis C.” Winter 2018.
- HIV Medical Association
- Infectious Disease Society of America
- American College of Physicians
- Minnesota Medical Society
- Board-certified in Infectious Diseases by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and B, Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Top Doc, Minnesota Monthly 2020
- Peer-elected Clinical Excellence Award, Essentia Health 2020 and 2021
- Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award, Brown University 2017 and 2018
“I love teaching and practicing medicine in infectious diseases. I recharge with meditation and running, biking, or nearly anything that gets me outdoors. I really enjoy trying new things – I recently tried my hand at beekeeping for three years, and I enjoy experimenting with new recipes.”