Dr. Frosch is a board-certified infectious disease and internal medicine physician. Her clinical care is focused on HIV medicine and malaria. She has a special interest in research and studies antibody-based immune responses to infections and vaccines. This includes understanding how inflammation and chronic disease like HIV affects these responses to understand why certain populations are more vulnerable to infections. Her lab has expertise in translating discoveries in basic immunology and animal models to human populations.
- Malhotra D, Burrack KS, Jenkins MK, Frosch AE. Antigen-Specific CD4+ T Cells Exhibit Distinct Kinetic and Phenotypic Patterns During Primary and Secondary Responses to Infection. Front Immunol. 2020;11:2125. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7492679.
- Odhiambo EO, Datta D, Guyah B, Ayodo G, Ondigo BN, Abong’o BO, John CC, Frosch AEP. HIV infection drives IgM and IgG3 subclass bias in Plasmodium falciparum-specific and total immunoglobulin concentration in Western Kenya. Malar J. 2019 Aug 30;18(1):297. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6716850.
- Frosch AEP, Ayodo G, Odhiambo EO, Ireland K, Vulule J, Cusick SE. Iron Deficiency is Prevalent among HIV-Infected Kenyan Adults and is Better Measured by Soluble Transferrin Receptor than Ferritin. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2018 Aug;99(2):439-444. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6090357.
- Frosch AE, Odumade OA, Taylor JJ, Ireland K, Ayodo G, Ondigo B, Narum DL, Vulule J, John CC. Decrease in Numbers of Naive and Resting B Cells in HIV-Infected Kenyan Adults Leads to a Proportional Increase in Total and Plasmodium falciparum-Specific Atypical Memory B Cells.
Immunol. 2017 Jun 15;198(12):4629-4638. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5458331.
- Frosch AE, Laufer MK, Mathanga DP, Takala-Harrison S, Skarbinski J, Claassen CW, Dzinjalamala FK, Plowe CV. Return of widespread chloroquine-sensitive Plasmodium falciparum to Malawi. J Infect Dis. 2014 Oct 1;210(7):1110-4. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6281358.
- Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN, USA
- Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Member
- American Association of Immunologists, Member