Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to compassionate, patient-centered, and relationship-based care and providing the best available options to my patients. I am blessed to have the opportunity to practice medicine, serving patients from diverse backgrounds in our community.”
Dr. Prasad has special interests in integrative health and culturally-inspired patient care, inter-professional education, community engagement, and physician well-being.
Her career path was influenced by the world’s worst industrial disaster at the time involving Union Carbide in Bhopal in 1984 during her final year of medical school. She moved to the United States in 1988 and began her residency training in Internal Medicine at SUNY Health Science Center in Syracuse before moving to the University of New Mexico to complete her training. She also completed a fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona Medical Center and a leadership training called Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine at Drexel University.
While at the University of New Mexico as a faculty member, she developed the Center for Life, a center for patient care, learning, and community education. The Center for Life has received national recognition for its patient-centered clinical care and outcomes, innovative teaching programs, and wellness initiatives.
- Gandhi Medical College, Madhya Pradesh, BHOPAL, INDIA
- Internal Medicine, Gandhi Medical College, Madhya Pradesh, BHOPAL, INDIA
- Internal Medicine, SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hedwig van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- American College of Physicians
- Chief and Scott F. Davies Endowed Chair, Department of Medicine
- Professor and Vice-Chairman of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
- Steering Committee Member of the Consortium of Academic Health Centers of Integrative Medicine
- Founding board member of the American Board of Integrative Medicine