Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing superb care to all patients who arrive in our Emergency Department.”
Dr. Driver is board certified in both Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. He has expertise in caring for all acute illness and injuries, with particular interests in emergency airway management and metabolic disorders.
- Driver BE, Semler MW, Self WH, et al. Effect of Use of a Bougie vs Endotracheal Tube With Stylet on Successful Intubation on the First Attempt Among Critically Ill Patients Undergoing Tracheal Intubation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. Published online December 08, 2021. doi:10.1001/jama.2021.22002.
- Driver BE, Prekker ME, Levitan RM, Corajod J, Karl E, Smith AD, Reardon RF. Engagement of the Median Glossoepiglottic Fold and Laryngeal View During Emergency Department Intubation. Ann Emerg Med. 2021 Dec;78(6):699-707. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2021.04.024. Epub 2021 Jun 23. PubMed PMID: 34172299.
- Driver BE, Mosier JM, Brown CA 3rd. The Importance of the Intubation Process for the Safety of Emergency Airway Management. Acad Emerg Med. 2020 Dec;27(12):1362-1365. doi: 10.1111/acem.14041. Epub 2020 Jun 23. PubMed PMID: 32519410.
- Driver BE, Prekker ME, Klein LR, Reardon RF, Miner JR, Fagerstrom ET, et al. Effect of Use of a Bougie vs Endotracheal Tube and Stylet on First-Attempt Intubation Success Among Patients With Difficult Airways Undergoing Emergency Intubation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2018 Jun 5;319(21):2179–89.
- University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Difficult Airway Course Instructor
- Chief Resident during Emergency Medicine / Internal Medicine residency
- Selected as Top Doctors: Rising Stars in 2016 and 2017 for Mpls St. Paul Magazine