Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing superb care to all patients who arrive in our Emergency Department.”
Dr. Driver is board certified in both Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. He has expertise in caring for all acute illness and injuries, with particular interests in emergency airway management and metabolic disorders.
- Driver, B.E. and McGill, J.W., 2017. Emergency Department Airway Management of Severe Angioedema: A Video Review of 45 Intubations. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2017: In Press
- Driver BE, Reardon RF. Apnea After Low-Dose Ketamine Sedation During Attempted Delayed Sequence Intubation. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2017: 69(1), pp.34-35.
- Driver BE, Plummer D, Heegaard W, Reardon RF. Tracheal Malplacement of the King LT Airway May Be an Important Cause of Prehospital Device Failure. The Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2016: 51(6), pp.e133-e135.
- Driver BE, Prekker ME, Kornas RL, Cales EK, Reardon RF. Flush Rate Oxygen for Emergency Airway Preoxygenation. Annals of Emergency Medicine 2017; 69(1);1-6.
- Driver BE, Shroff GR, and Smith SW. Posterior reperfusion T-waves: Wellens’ syndrome of the posterior wall. Emergency Medicine Journal (2016): emermed-2016. In Press.
- Driver BE, Olives TD, Bischof JE, Salmen MR, Miner JR. Discharge Glucose Is Not Associated With Short-Term Adverse Outcomes in Emergency Department Patients With Moderate to Severe Hyperglycemia. Annals of emergency medicine. 2016 Dec 31;68(6):697-705.
- Dodd KW, Klein LR, Kornas RL, Driver BE, Ho JD, Reardon RF. Definitive airway management in emergency department patients with a King laryngeal tube™ in place: a simple and safe approach. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia/Journal canadien d’anesthésie. 2016 Jan 25:1-2.
- Driver BE, Prekker ME, Moore JC, Schick A, Reardon RF, Miner JR. Direct versus Video Laryngoscopy using the C-MAC for Tracheal Intubation in the Emergency Department, a Randomized Controlled Trial. Acad Emerg Med. In press.
- O’Brien Lambert, A., Driver, B., Moore, J.C., Schick, A. and Miner, J.R., 2016. Using Near Infrared Spectroscopy for Tissue Oxygenation Monitoring During Procedural Sedation: The Occurrence of Peripheral Tissue Oxygenation Changes With Respiratory Depression and Supportive Airway Measures. Academic Emergency Medicine, 23(1), pp.98-101.
- Smetana A, Driver B, Gajic S, Smith S. Partial segmental thrombosis of the corpus cavernosum presenting to the ED: 2 case reports. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine. October 2015. doi:10.1016/j.ajem.2015.10.040.
- White S, Driver BE, Cole JB. Metformin-Associated Lactic Acidosis Presenting as Acute ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. J Emerg Med. October 2015. doi:10.1016/j.jemermed.2015.10.012.
- Driver BE, Debaty G, Plummer DW, Smith SW. Use of esmolol after failure of standard cardiopulmonary resuscitation to treat patients with refractory ventricular fibrillation. Resuscitation. 2014;85(10):1337-1341, doi:10.1016/j.resuscitation.2014.06.032
- University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Difficult Airway Course Instructor
- Chief Resident during Emergency Medicine / Internal Medicine residency
- Selected as Top Doctors: Rising Stars in 2016 and 2017 for Mpls St. Paul Magazine