Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing superb care to all patients who arrive in our Emergency Department.”
Dr. Driver is board certified in both Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. He has expertise in caring for all acute illness and injuries, with particular interests in emergency airway management and metabolic disorders.
- Driver BE, Reardon RF, Mosier J. Response to “Alternatives to Rapid Sequence Intubation: Contemporary Airway Management with Ketamine”: Ketamine as Monotherapy in Difficult Airways Is Not Ready for Prime Time. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health. 2019 Oct 17.
- Driver BE, Reardon RF, Mosier J., Response to “Alternatives to Rapid Sequence Intubation: Contemporary Airway Management with Ketamine”: Ketamine as Monotherapy in Difficult Airways Is Not Ready for Prime Time. Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health [Internet]. 2019; Available from: https://escholarship.org/content/qt8vb0v6jg/qt8vb0v6jg.pdf
- Cole JB, Knack SK, Karl ER, Horton GB, Satpathy R, Driver BE. Human Errors and Adverse Hemodynamic Events Related to “Push Dose Pressors” in the Emergency Department. J Med Toxicol. 2019 Oct;15(4):276–86.
- Driver BE, Klein LR, Prekker ME, Cole JB, Satpathy R, Kartha G, et al. Drug Order in Rapid Sequence Intubation. Acad Emerg Med, 2019 Sep;26(9):1014–21.
- Driver BE, Scharber SK, Horton GB, Braude DA, Simpson NS, Reardon RF. Emergency Department Management of Out-of-Hospital Laryngeal Tubes. Ann Emerg Med. 2019 Sep 1;74(3):403–9.
- Driver BE, Prekker ME, Klein LR, Reardon RF, Miner JR, Fagerstrom ET, et al. Effect of Use of a Bougie vs Endotracheal Tube and Stylet on First-Attempt Intubation Success Among Patients With Difficult Airways Undergoing Emergency Intubation: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2018 Jun 5;319(21):2179–89.
- University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
- Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Difficult Airway Course Instructor
- Chief Resident during Emergency Medicine / Internal Medicine residency
- Selected as Top Doctors: Rising Stars in 2016 and 2017 for Mpls St. Paul Magazine