Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“My goal as a provider is to create trusting relationships with my patients using evidence-based practice. I look forward to caring for patients as if they are family, focusing on the physical and emotional symptoms of their condition.”
Dr. Fujisawa has expertise and a passion for caring for patients of all ages from puberty to post-menopause. Through her training in Chicago and work in the Twin Cities, she has experience in high-risk pregnancy, abnormal uterine bleeding, sexual health, pelvic pain, gender care, and reproductive health. She cares deeply about educating and empowering her patients, as well as training resident physicians and medical students.
- Caicedo-Granados, E., Fujisawa, C.E., et al. Wild-type p53 activation by small-molecule Minnelide in human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncology. 2014, Dec; 50(12): 1149-1156.
- Fujisawa, C.E., Castellot, J.J. Matrix production and remodeling as therapeutic targets for uterine leiomyoma. Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling. 2014, Sep; 8(3): 179-194.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Urinary Tract and Pelvic Disorders, The Sexual Health School, June 2021
- Cervical Cancer and Sexual Health After Gynecologic Surgery, The Sexual Health School, June 2021
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Medical Association
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Board-eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- UIC Senior Resident Award
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Resident Award
- Golden Apple Medical Student Teaching Award
“I enjoy all the four seasons Minnesota has to offer by spending time outdoors with family and friends. I enjoy a good book, running, biking, making soup, and traveling.”