Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I have always strived to care for patients the way I would want a family member or close friend to be cared for – with compassion and sensitivity, and the highest attainable knowledge and clinical skills. I have always gained great satisfaction getting to know my patients, and educating them so that they can participate in the decision-making process regarding their healthcare.”
Dr. Fine has developed expertise in the full spectrum of cardiology care, from preventive, consultative, and longitudinal care, to diagnostic testing and interpretation, to the performance of interventional procedures including angioplasty, stent and pacemaker implantations.
- Fine DG, Weiss AT, Sapoznikov D, Welber S, Applebaum D, Lotan C, Hasin Y, Ben-David Y, Korean G, Gotsman MS: Importance of early initiation of intravenous streptokinase for acute myocardial infarction. J Am Cardiol, 58: 411-417, 1986.
- Sapoznikov D, Fine DG, Mosseri M, Gotsman MS: Left ventricular shape, wall thickness and function based on three-dimensional reconstruction echocardiography. Proceedings of Computers in Cardiology: 495-498, 1986
- Weiss AT, Fine DG, Applebaum D, Welber S, Lotan C, Mosseri M, Ben-David Y, Sapoznikov D, Hasin Y, Gotsman MS: Pre-hospital coronary thrombolysis: A new strategy in acute myocardial infarction. Chest 92 (1): 124-128, 1987.
- Fine DG; Vinker S, Weiss AT, Sapoznikov D, Welber S, Lotan C, Applebaum D, Ben-David Y, Mosseri M, Rosenheck S, Hasin Y, Gotsman MS: Influence of vessel involvement and early streptokinesis therapy on regional and global left ventricular function in acute myocardial infarction. Herz 12:398-404, 1987.
- Fine DG, Sapoznikov D, Mosseri M, Gotsman M: Qualitative and quantitative evaluation of cardiac function using three-dimensional echocardiographic reconstruction. Chest 92 (2):92S, 1987.
- Fine DG; Sapoznikov D, Mosseri M, Gotsman M : Three-dimensional echocardiography reconstruction: qualitative and quantitative evaluation of ventricular function. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 26:33-44, 1988.
- Fine DG; Weiss AT, Welber S, Sapoznikov D, Lotan C, Applebaum D, Hasin Y, Gotsman MS: Early prediction of left ventricular function in streptokinase-treated acute myocardial infarction. Cardiology 75 (3): 170-176, 1988.
- Fine DG, Clements IP, Callahan MJ: Myocardial stunning in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: recovery predicted by single photon emission computed tomographic thallium-201 scintigraphy. J Am Coll Cardiol 13:1415-1418, 1989.
- Fine DG, Shepherd RFJ, Welch TJ: Thrombolytic therapy for superior vena cava syndrome. Lancet 1:1200-1201, 1989.
- Fine DG, Oh JK, Edwards WD, Sandok BA, Meloy TD, Marsh WR, Tajik AJ: Cardiac cliniopathologic findings in subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Am Coll Cardiol, 1990.
- Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- American College of Cardiogy
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Cardiology
- Certified in Pacemaker Care by the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- The only Cardiologist to have been listed in Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine’s “TOP DOCTORS” every year from its inception in 1992 through 2013.
“I am proud to be a fourth generation Minneapolitan and enjoy all of the things our community has to offer. I especially enjoy spending time with family and friends and in the many outdoor activities that our variety of seasons here make available.”