Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I strive to provide patient care that is patient and family-centered.”
Dr. Brunette has extensive clinical experience in caring for critically ill or injured patients as he has been practicing emergency medicine at Hennepin County Medical Center since 1985. His special interests include hypothermia and frostbite, ophthalmologic emergencies, and resuscitation of the obese patient.
- Klein LR, Huelster J, Adil U; Rischall M, Brunette DD, Kempainen RR, Prekker ME, The American Journal Of Emergency Medicine [Am J Emerg Med], ISSN: 1532-8171, 2017 Nov; Vol. 35 (11), pp. 1624-1629.
- Sharma R, Brunette DD, Ophthalmology. In Marx-Hockberger-Walls, et al: Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice, 8th edition, Elsevier Saunders 2014.
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
- Emergency Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
Dr. Brunette has appeared on numerous television and radio shows speaking on various medical topics including hypothermia and frostbite.
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Board Certified by the Americal Board of Emergency Medicine
- Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Top Doctors, Minnesota Monthly
- Received several faculty teaching awards
- Past Emergency Medicine Program Director for 14 years
- Served on the Hennepin Healthcare System Board of Directors for 6 years
“I enjoy all sports.”