Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to providing the best care for all of my patients. I apply my training and experience to teach the next generation of doctors by setting the example of striving to provide the best patient care possible.”
Dr. Pryce is board certified in Internal Medicine and cares for patients in the hospital, clinic and nursing home settings. His background expertise and research interests are in immigrant health care.
- Pryce DJ and Madhar AMJ. Viral Hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E in Refugees. Chapter 7; pages 79-93 in Refugee health Care (book). Editor Aniyizhai Annamalai, Editor Springer 2014.
- Giuliani KKW, Mire O, Leinberger-Jabari A, Ehrlich LC, Stigler MH, Pryce DJ, DeBois DK. Cigarettes and the Somali diaspora: tobacco use among Somali adults in Minnesota. AMJ Prev Med 2012, Nov;43(5 suppl 3):S202-13.
- Pryce DJ. Exploring Hepatitis B, A Neglected Disease. Minn Med, 2012, 95(5):37-40. 4. Giuliani K, Mire O, Jama S, DuBois D, Pryce D, Fahia S, Ehrlich L . Tobacco Use and Cessation Among Somalis in Minnesota. Am J Prev Med 2008;35(6S):S457-S462).
- Pryce DJ. Connecting Cultures. Community Caregivers 2008. Minnesota Physician 2008; 21(12):24
- State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
- Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- American College of Physicians
- Society for General Internal Medicine
- Minnesota Medical Society
- Hennepin County Medical Society
- Minnesota Department of Health: Minnesota Hepatitis Coalition
- Minnesota Medical Association Policy Council
- Chairperson, Board of Director of the East African Health Project
- Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Civil Surgeon, U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service
- State License, Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- 2015 Best Doctors in America Award, by Best Doctors, Inc.
- 2013 Certificate of Appreciation from The Center for Disease Control; Contributions to writing/reviewing Refugee Health Screening Guidelines
- 2009 Clinical Excellence Award, Hennepin County Medical Center
- 2008 Community Care Givers Award, Minnesota Physician
- 2006 Outstanding Achievement Community Service Award, Minnesota Medical Association
“I am originally from upstate New York. I have lived in Minnesota since 1992, and I like to cross-country ski.”