Elizabeth Goelz, MD
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“Exceptional care, without exception. I am committed to partnering with my patients to provide individualized and evidence-based care, coordinated with my colleagues and community support. My goal is for my patients to feel supported and heard in their health journeys as individuals and community members.”
Dr. Goelz is board-certified in Internal Medicine, caring for adult patients in the clinic where she provides preventative, acute, and chronic disease care. She has a special interest in providing medical care for caregivers such as healthcare workers, as well as those experiencing homelessness. She has extensive experience training resident physicians and medical students. Dr. Goelz is the Medical Director for Employee Occupational Health and Wellness and the Chief Wellness Officer for the medical staff at Hennepin Healthcare.
- Harry EM, Carlasare LE, Sinsky CA, Brown RL, Goelz E, Nankivil N, Linzer M. Childcare Stress, Burnout, and Intent to Reduce Hours or Leave the Job During the COVID-19 Pandemic Among US Healthcare Workers. JAMA Netw Open. 2022;Jul 1:5(7).
- Ramas ME, Webber S, Braden AL, Goelz E, Linzer M, Farley H. Innovative Wellness Models to Support Advancement and Retention Among Women Physicians. Pediatrics. 2021;Sep 1:148 (Suppl2).
- Audi C, Poplau S, Freese R, Heegaard W, Linzer M, Goelz E. Negative Experiences Due to Gender and/ or Race: a Component of Burnout in Women Providers Within a Safety-Net Hospital. J Gen Intern Med. 2020;36:840-842.
- Goelz E, Audi C, Poplau S, Freese R, Linzer M, Stillman M. The BETER Tool: A Mentorship Intervention for Addressing Burnout in Medicine Department Physicians. Physician Leadership Journal. 2020;7(2):36-44.
- Poplau S, Goelz E, Linzer M. Provider Burnout: Addressing a Growing Problem. Minnesota Physician. 2016:May;20-21.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Internal Medicine, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Media, Newsletters and Videos
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Tips for Measuring Joy in Work, 2021 April 27
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement. How to Create Space for Joy in Work Amid Crisis and Change, 2021 March 30
- American College of Physicians
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Minnesota, 2020
- Top Doctors, Minnesota Monthly, 2017, 2020, 2021
- Rising Star Award, Minneapolis/ St. Paul Magazine, 2018-2020
“Outside of my patient care time, I am involved in leading, researching, and teaching on the topic of healthcare worker wellness and burnout locally, nationally, and internationally. Outside of my work life, my husband and I enjoy exploring museums and any and all outdoor activities with our three children and our extended families. We dabble in vegetable gardening, and when I get a moment to myself, I love reading historical fiction and non-fiction.”