Ellen A. Bernardson, RN, CCTC, MA, CNP
Commitment to Patient-Centered Care
“I am committed to helping patients, families and loved ones navigate the very confusing, complicated and at times frightening course renal disease puts them on. From pre-dialysis, dialysis, and transplant I will help you navigate your way to better health. I am not alone assisting you but work as part of a very strong dedicated team experienced in the care of the renal patient and family.”
Ellen is a Nurse Practitioner in the surgery department, specializing in the care of renal transplant patients.
- Hoffman F, Nelson B, Drangstveit M, Flynn B, Watercott E, Zirbes J, Caring for Transplant Recipients in a Nontransplant Setting. Critical Care Nurse 2006;26(2):53-73.
- Holum E., Thesis May 1997 Identifying Adult Renal Transplant Recipients at Risk for not Adhering to Immunosuppressive Therapy (poster presentation at American Society of Transplantation November 2-5, 1997).
- American Society of Transplantation
- American Society of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator
- MA degree in Nursing, College of St. Catherine
- Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
“I enjoy time at our cabin and being close to the water on an ocean kayak. I enjoy family time with our children and 4 young grandchildren! I love a good book, historical fiction many times about countries our patients are from. I love our Brittany “Bullet” and taking walks in the woods with him.”